•|• Lesson Two •|•

Start from the beginning

"Plans?" She uttered to both him and herself; he couldn't look her in the eye as she queried him, insecurity eating at his insides as her piercing gaze shot through him, no doubt already noticing the change in his behavior.

Awkwardly clearing his throat, rubbing the nape of his neck he risked a glimpse back at her nearly losing his composure once again at her trying expression. "I'm meeting with my brother and some of our friends." It hadn't been a lie, per se, it was true he was going with his brother, and according to Tsukasa and his own lack of social interaction, his brother did have friends, they just wouldn't be joining them that day.

"Wah- wait!" She cried out in alarm, eyes widened and arms outstretched as if to save someone from falling. "You - you can't leave, yet!" Mindful of his injuries she grasped at his arm pulling him further into her toilet. "I get lonely too, y'know, and you haven't finished cleaning so you can't leave!"

As much as he didn't want to leave, no matter how much he wished to avoid the awaiting torment he was sure to behold. Not leaving or prolonging his stay altogether would only worsen his cause. He was scared. He was a cowered, he knows, but he also knows there's no escape. This was his life no matter how troublesome it may be.

"I know..." He began taking her hand in his own pacing them back towards the sinks. An idea brewing as he loosened her grip on him. "How about you take over the rest of my cleaning, and tomorrow I'll bring you back something special." It almost scared him how easily the lie can out. The promise splitting from his tongue smoothly as he sneakily took the mop from its resting place and into her hands.

With her now distracted he swung his bag onto his back, dashing out the door just as he had done with the scales. Her brows furrowed in concern as she watched him sprint away a familiar glint shining in her (e.c) orbs as the room light dimmed.

Exiting the building his grip tightened on his bag as he desperately tried to make out the figure of his brother through the bustling about of club members. The sun had already started to descend by the time he finally escaped, baby blues and light pinks mixing with magenta and purple setting the sky ablaze in a multitude of colors.

A soft breeze was the only defense against the blistering heat of summer with the wind blowing a cool breeze upon them only to be counteracted by the sun's hateful glare. It was days like this he detested the most, the way the bandages on his arms and midsection start to itch in irritation and how his sweat practically glued his shirt and hair to his skin. Summer wasn't his favorite season in the slightest.

"Amane-chan~! Let's go home now, yeah?" A hand slapped down upon his sore shoulder hard enough to leave a bruise as a teasing voice cooed into his ear sending goosebumps blazing across his arms.

"Yeah...let's..."

🔸•°🌙°•🔸

Oh fuck.

No way this could be happening now, he had just put them down too.

Frantic golden orbs whipped around in panic as the boy frantically dug around in his desk and bag hoping to locate the missing item. He must have jinxed himself yesterday, of course, he had. He just had to blubber on about how he had yet to have anything unusual happen to him.

He just had it.

Why did this have to happen to him? Just his luck, too. Perhaps someone had stolen it off his desk when he wasn't looking? That was plausible, right? It had to be that... he'll just ask around, someone must've seen it. Right, that's what he'll do. He will be okay, it's gonna be okay.