𝟎𝟐: 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬 & 𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬

Начните с самого начала

In Sikowitz's class, Peyton watched Cat and Jade act out a scene that they had been working on. Cat held an overly large pig stuffy.

"Betsy, Betsy, that animal's delicious flesh can keep us all alive for another week," Jade said using a voice that was from the 1800s.

Using a matching tone of voice, Cat replied, "I don't wanna be alive without Poncy! This pig is everything to me that my daddy never was and I'll be ding-dang—" She was cut off by a ball being thrown right at her face. She fell to the ground with a scream.

"Sikowitz," Jade said exasperated.

"What?" asked Sikowitz, as if he didn't throw a ball at one of his students. 

Cat got up, holding a hand to her cheek, "You hit me in the face with a ball."

"Just be glad he didn't hit you in the face with a vase like my mom did once," Peyton said without thinking. He winced as he got some alarmed looks at that.

"Exactly," Sikowitz said. "A truly great actor can stay in the scene no matter what's happening around her."

"But it really hurt," Cat stated. The bell rang and Cat exclaimed, "Ooh, lunch, yay!" She ran out of the class, nearly knocking Peyton to the ground as he grabbed his backpack, in her haste to get food. 

 Sikowitz told them, "Learn your lines! I want everyone off book tomorrow!"

Peyton was eating some homemade chips that his dad had packed him at lunch at a table

Peyton was eating some homemade chips that his dad had packed him at lunch at a table. Ethan always packed him and Damian lunches. There were peanut butter cookies, homemade potato chips, two club sandwiches cut into fourths, homemade French fries, and a random slice of pumpkin pie.

Rex asked, "Does your dad really have to pack you a refrigerator?"

Robbie and Beck usually get food from the Grub Truck, where the only worker, Festus yells orders to himself. Peyton's dad didn't trust the food truck and 'processed' food, so he made and grew everything by hand.

Peyton looked at the puppet and crammed a peanut butter cookie in Rex's mouth to get him to shut up. Robbie made muffled sounds for Rex. Peyton ate a cookie for himself, thinking how funny that Peyton and Damian were in therapy, while Robbie was allowed to walk around with his hand up a puppet's ass and making the puppet abuse him, which people acted like it was normal. It was even worse when people acted like Rex was a human being.

"Hey," Beck said, looking at Peyton, slightly offended that Peyton didn't give him a cookie first.

Peyton passed him a cookie and Beck smiled.

André sat down down at the table and asked, "Do you know where I can buy a pair of ballet slippers?"

That was one of the few weirdest questions that Peyton had ever been asked. The one that was number one was his sevetnth grade teacher saying, "You have pretty eyes. Can I have them for my collection?"