Where's Clint?

Clint just wanted to be alone. He was getting tired of everything. Mission after mission after mission. It was getting annoying. 

He just really wanted to be alone. But being an Avenger meant he couldn't. 

Damn, what I would give for one moment of peace. He just wanted to escape. And he knew just how. 

----------

Steve had been looking for Clint all morning. He wanted to see if Clint would teach him archery. He found the fact of using precision and ease to hit a target so.... satisfying . The way the arrow would shoot through the sky, like it was soaring high like a bird. Till it hit its target. The sound of the faint thud of the object being shot down. Threat being eliminated. It all seems so enticing. 

He walked into the living room of Stark Tower, and saw Natasha sitting on the couch, watching something on the TV. 

"Hey Tasha, you seen Clint?" He asked, while grabbing a water bottle from the coffee table. "No, I think he might be in the training ground." She said. "He is quite the early bird."  She changed the channel to a movie called A.I :Artificial Intelligence. It seemed like a good movie. 

"I was just there, and I didn't see him." "Did you check his room?" Natasha asked. "Yeah, and he wasn't there." 

"Well, he'll show up eventually." Steve nodded and started walking to the training area. Maybe I can train with someone else today. 

----------

"Peace at last," he sighed. The view was breathtaking. He was up high, somewhere no one could find him. He doesn't even know how he got up here. He just knew it was relaxing to finally be able to breathe. He wasn't used to all the attention. He was used to low missions, not being seen, just taking out the enemy from afar. Afar and safe, for the most part. Laura would kill him if he didn't return safely, give or take a few bruises. 

But sometimes, he just needed time along. Needed a place where he could be alone. Somewhere he could just be. Just silence. God, I never realized how tired I was. The view, the breeze, it was all so relaxing, that he just fell asleep. 

-----5 days later -----

Steve dodged a punch that was headed towards his face. He stepped backwards, hunched over fists up, laughing. "I told you," he dodged a kick. "It would be impossible to hit me Tony." He caught the punch Tony threw at his gut and pushed him back. Tony fell on his back, breathing heavily. "And I told you." He got up and got into position once more. "I won't quit till I finally beat your ass." He lunged right at Steve, which surprised him. 

They tumbled to the floor, Tony and Steve just lying on the floor, taking deep breathes, trying not to laugh. Tony started cackling, and Steve chuckled at how ridiculous he was being. "Finally," he breathed. "I got you." "You got me, Tony." Tony got up after Steve, and fetched both their water bottle. He jumped up and down, punching Steves shoulder on their way to the kitchen.

"Have you seen Clint?" They both looked up and saw Natasha walking in, a worried expression her face. "No," Tony replied, eyebrows scrunched together. "Now that you mention it, I haven't seen him for a couple of days." "Me either." Steve grabbed some left over salad from last nights dinner. "I haven't seen him since Friday." 

"Dammit." She cursed, walking out with a stern expression. Once she faded from view, Steve asked Tony. "Do you have a clue where he could be?" Tony shook his head. "No, but I do know foods been disappearing from the pantries the past week. Think it could be him?" 

Tony sat down at the bar, not eating anything. He wasn't usually hungry till late at night, working on his project. Or until JARVIS reminds him to eat. 

"Do you think the others have seen him?" Steve asked. "Seen what my friends?" Thor said, walking in. "Have you seen Clint, Point Break?" Tony asked. "No, I haven't seen our friend. We were supposed to have a 'movie night' yesterday, but he did not show up. Dr. Banner has shown me what 'actors and actresses' are, which I am forever grateful. " Thor replied. 

"OK, thanks pal." Steve said. "No problem, my good friend," Thor replied. "Now, I must look for Dr. Banner, I wish for him to show me more about these 'movies' and tel-o-vision." Thor walked out, but not before grabbing a couple bags of popcorn for him and Bruce. 

"Well, we'll see him when we see him," Tony spoke. "Yeah I guess your right," Steve replied. 

-----A day Later-----

Tony was flying around the tower, just making sure that everything was responsive in the tower. Plus, he got the most beautiful sight of the city. He was flying around the A in front of the tower, when he noticed something. 

"JAVRIS, what's on the A?" "I believe it's a birds nest, sir," JAVRIS spoke through the helmet. "Yeah I can see that, but who built it there?" He was flying closer to it now. "A big bird? An eagle?" He chuckled. "What? Did cap buy a pet without tel-" 

He was cut off when he say what emerged from the side of the A. It was Clint. "WHAT THE HECK CLINT? GUYS I FOUND CLINT." He screamed into his helmet. 

                                                  THE END 

This is my first story! I published 2 days early! WOOO! Please be nice. I am a first time writer. I wanted this to be shorter but it really wasn't... Oh well. Hope you still enjoyed! 

-Nash/Nat