𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

Alex cannot get his hands to stop shaking. He's being pushed around for pictures and greetings but he's not paying attention to any of that. Instead, he's scanning the room and watching the door waiting for Henry to finally make his appearance.

Is it possible that Henry really skipped the dinner just to avoid seeing him? That's honestly the last thing Alex what's to think about. Actually, he doesn't want to think at all. So instead, he swiftly grabs a glass of champagne, throws his head back, drinks the whole thing in one gulp, and sloppily wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. Suddenly, he looks up and makes burning eye contact with the young man who just entered the room.

Henry. When they make eye contact Alex can see that his steps stuttered, almost as if he was hesitating if he should actually walk in. Alex stands up and Henry immediately looks down and walks towards the other side of the room.

After about 30 minutes of awkward glances across the room, Henry finally stands up and walks towards the exiting door. Alex was sitting with his mother and June who was rambling on about something that he wasn't paying attention.

"Alex, are you even listening?" She says. Alex cuts his gaze from Henry, who's already out the door. "Uhm- Yea yea," he says, his voice trailing off. "I'm just gonna, be right back." He stands up and heads for the door.

When he reaches the hallway, he sees Henry at the end of it. He's pacing and running his fingers through his golden hair.

"Henry," He calls out once. No response. "Henry!" He calls out louder, making Henry stop moving completely. Alex stands there for a second before walking over to him. "We need to talk."

"Alex, I-" Henry's words are cut off by Alex suddenly grabbing his wrist and pulling him into the closest room.

"What on earth are you doing?" Henry says just before Alex pushes him up against the closed door. Heart racing, he fiercely smashes their lips together. Henry freezes under his touch and pushes away from the kiss.

Alex's stomach drops. Thinking he misread the situation, he takes a step back and watches as Henry's chest rises and falls quickly. Before he knows it, Henry steps forward, pushing their lips back together.

It's a deep and needy kiss, and both of them have been longing for this moment. With a swift movement, Henry is pushed up onto a near by table. His legs fall open readily and Alex falls between them. This whole thing felt way better than what Alex was expecting and when Henry's mouth opens to graze their tongues together, Alex feels like he could die.

They make out in the room for what feels like hours before Henry finally pulls apart.

"We should probably-" He says as Alex takes a clumsy step back.

"Yeah, yeah, we probably should," Henry hops off the table and runs his fingers through his hair. "Shit," He whispers quietly and begins humming a tune that Alex recognizes as 'God Save the Queen.'

"What are you doing?"

"Christ, I'm trying to make .. it go away." He says pointing down the the painfully obvious bulge in his pants.

Alex chokes back a laugh and then takes a step closer to Henry. He ghosts his fingertips down his jawline.

"You're gonna stay like 500 feet away from me for the rest of the night or else im going to something that i'll deeply regret in front of a lot of really important people,"

Henry gulps.

"And then," Alex has moved closer now, lips grazing the crook of Henry's neck.

"And then, at midnight you're going to come to my room on the second floor where i'm going to do some very bad things to you." He says in a low voice that makes Henry's whole body shudder.

Alex takes a step back and straightens out his suit. He takes one last look at Henry before he leaves the room. He has no idea what he just got himself into.

~~~~~~~

Sorry chapter 2 took so long ! Warning, upcoming explicit smut !