Chapter 3 Apprenticeship

Brown'Kit awoke to a slight nudge and the mild pain of his aching body. He lifted up his pounding head, just to see Spice'Kit laying on his right. He looked around the large cave and found Hallow'Kit  and Pumpkin'Kit curled up on his left.

Brown'Kit let everything sink in, what happened to his mother, how he got here, and a few other realities. Hallow'Kit turned on her side knocking off the sleepy Pumpkin'Kit from the nest. She opended one eye, then another, waiting for them to get adjusted to the blinding sunlight. Dreamy'Night and a young apprentice walked into the medicine den, talking. Their chatting caused Spice'Kit and Hallow'Kit to awake.

Dreamy'Night noticed the kits waking up. "Good morning young kits!" Dreamy'Night said, cheerfully despite the early time. Brown'Kit wondered how he can be that cheerful so early.

The unnamed apprentice looked at the kits pitifully, "Poor kits.." she whispered softly.

"Chaos'Paw, can you take care of these four kits? I have to meet with Nightmare'Star." Dreamy'Night said to the apprentice.

"Of course! I'll ask them some questions so we can learn more about where the came from and who they are." Chaos' Paw said, looking at the young kits.

Dreamy'Night nodded and left the cave. Brown'Kit got up, he instantly regret doing so. His large wound on his back, though bandaged, still hurt tremendously. The apprentice helped him back to his nest. "You shouldn't overwork yourself." said Chaos'Paw.

"Okay. Thank you." Brown'Kit thanked Chaos'Paw.

"Of course! I'm the medicine apprentice after all!" said Chaos'Paw.

"Hello" Hallow'Kit said, sitting up.

"Hello! What's your names?" Chaos'Paw asked.

"I'm Hallow'Kit! This is Pumpkin'Kit and that's Spice'Kit." Hallow'Kit  said, pointing to Pumpkin'Kit then Spice'Kit.

Chaos'Paw turned to Brown'Kit, "What's your name?".

"I'm Brown'Kit." He replied, wondering what she was going to ask next.

"Well it's nice to meet all four of you!" Chaos'Paw then added, "How old are you four?"

"My two sisters and I are five moons old. We will be turning six moons in about a week." Pumpkin'Kit responded still half asleep.

Chaos'Paw turned to Brown'Kit, he guessed it was his turn. "I'm six moons since about a week ago." Brown'Kit answered.

"Oh lucky you!" Chaos'Paw said.

"Why?" Brown'Kit asked, a puzzled look on his face.

"When a kit turns six moons old they are announced an apprentice!" Chaos'Paw explained to the bewildered Brown'Kit.

Brown'Kit knew what an apprentice was since his mother had told him about her clan life. "When will I be announced as an apprentice?" Brown'Kit asked Chaos'Paw confused as ever. Why hadn't he become an apprentice yet?

"When you join the clan we will announce  your apprenticeship! Dreamy'Night is talking to Nightmare'Star about it now." Chaos'Paw replied, sorting out some herbs.

Join the clan? He did want to join... Brown'Kit became lost in thought.

The three noisy sisters chatted and rambled on about how great clan life would be.

Dreamy'Night walked into the medicine den smiling, then he whispered something to his apprentice. Chaos'Paw seemed happy and surprised by his words. They both looked at Brown'Kit as he snapped out of his thoughts.

Brown'Kit wondered about what they were talking about and why they were looking at him.

"Oh kits we have wonderful news for you! You are joining the clan! Well if you want to that is.." Chaos'Paw told Brown'Kit and the three sisters.

"We would love too!" Hallow'Kit shouted.

"Count me in!" Pumpkin'Kit said jumping up and hugging Hallow'Kit.

"I'm definitely joining." Spice'Kit says still very tired and sleepy.

"I'd love to join." Brown'Kit said, trying to contain his excitement.

"That's great news kits! We would love to have you all as part of this clan." Dreamy'Night said and meant every word of it.

"There will be a meeting in an hour so rest up." Chaos'Paw then turned to Brown'Kit, "We will announce your apprenticeship then."

Brown'Kit was so excited that he wanted the meeting to just start already.

The sisters and Chaos'Paw chatted and joked about all sorts of things.

{OMG MY FIRST TIME SKIP! Anyway a hour later <3}

Brown'Kit raced to the meeting as fast as his wounds would let him. Dreamy'Night raced after him, having trouble keeping up with the small kit.  When both of them got there, Dreamy'Night was panting and out of breath.

"Look it's starting!" Brown'Kit half whispered and half yelled.

Dreamy'Night managed to sit up and trying to look at least a little presentable.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the Clanrock  for a meeting!" Nightmare'Star yelled.

All Shadow Clan cats came running and sat in front of the Clanrock. Murmurs and Whispers circled around the group of cats.

"It has come to my attention that  we have a kit who is ready to become an apprentice. Brown'Kit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Brown'Paw."  Nightmare'Star announced .

Brown'Kit, now Brown'Paw, held his breath...

He was so exited for his new mentor! Maybe he would get the grey cat next to him. Maybe the tuxedo across him! It could even be the calico in front of him, he thinks her name is Cinnamon'Spice... or something like that.

"Your mentor will be  Lemon'Pelt!" Nightmare'Star said, from upon his tall rock.

Brown'Paw thought he might passout... He turned out to be right...

_____________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you dont hate me too much beacuse I left it on a cliffhanger-

Anyway have a great life!