𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚗

Start from the beginning

Blue eyes lingered for a moment and a half, Ray watching as the lift dropped down a couple floors, until it reached the ground floor.

Leah didn't move until Ray stepped forward into the open doors of the lift, Leah finally snapping out of whatever trance she was in and stepping into the lift behind her.

The doors of the lift closed, letting the two girls sit in silence, Ray rocking back and forth in her spot awkwardly, as she scanned the girl trying to find any conversation starter, as Leah pressed the button to their floor, "Soo, caps, huh?"

Ray gave herself a mental faceplant, her face scrunching up instantly at her choice of words, glancing at the blonde, who adjusted her cap at the black girl's words.

"Yeah. Soo, brunettes, huh?" Leah mockingly whispered back in the same tone, making the darker girl scrunch up her nose at the conversation they had had prior.

She rolled her eyes at the girl's mocking tone, letting her hands fall into her pockets. Ray's brown eyes drifted towards the girl, her eyes, studying the way the woman was standing, an awkward silence finally creeping up on them.

Silence suffocated the two, not one daring to look back at eachother or make eye contact, before the elevator dinged, announcing that they were on the floor of their room.

Leah rolled her eyes, as she walked out of the lift first, seeing as she was ahead of Ray. She moved to walk past her and in the opposite direction to which their room was, to Noah's room.

Leah remained silent for a moment, watching the younger girl with a hardened stare, wondering if her roommate knew that their room was in the other direction, "You're going the wrong way."

"I'm going to see my friend," Ray rolled her eyes as she continued walking, not once glancing back at the girl who was still stood outside the lifts, who let out a small sigh.

Raven heard the football captain's sigh behind her, evoking a small smirk from her, "Be in by eleven, we've got early training tomorrow."

"Right," She nodded, as she sensed the girl turn around and walk towards their room, as Ray stopped at Noah's door, taking a glance back in Leah's direction, thinking of something to say. Anything.

That whole thought was cut off by the opening of the door ahead of her, being Brooke pulling her into the room by the wrist.

Brooke grinned at the girl, as she set her down on the bed to sit beside Noah, "Well, hello to you too. Apparently we've got early training tomorrow."

"Yep," she chirped in response, folding her arms over her chest. Brooke took a seat opposite the two to grab a packet of crisps, "That means we have as much fun as possible!"

"Well, Williamson wants me back in our room by eleven."

"Who is she, your mum?" Noah cocked up a brow with a slight laugh, making Ray glare at the normally mature friend, "Did yous have a bonding experience in that taxi trip, like?"

"No I just- I feel like she's gonna be pissed," Raven told them, taking her bottom lip into her mouth.

Noah rolled his eyes at his friend's hesitation, "C'mom the most she can do is snitch to the coach and I don't know- she doesn't really seem like the tattle-tale type."

"C'mon Ray, pleaseee," Brooke begged, with a false pout, agreeing with Noah entirely, "Noah's got complementary wine too, we can drink that!!" She told the girl, reaching onto the boy's table to show the girl.

"Well," Ray laused, contemplating her choices and weighing out the consequences before she gave in with a roll of her eyes, "Fuck it."

Cheers came from the two friends as Ray agreed, Brooke twisting the cap of the first glass bottle open and pouring three glassfulls.

Ray reached for one, before wincing ad she instantly got slapped away by Brooke, "These are for me."

Ray rolled her eyes, as the group laughed, the night passing by quickly. Almost too quickly.

-
Ray ended up falling asleep on Noah's carpeted floor, Brooke dangling off the bed and Noah on the bathroom floor.

The two footballers were woken up abruptly by their alarms, Ray somehow managing to force herself up and shake Brooke more awake.

Brooke decided it would be easier to take a shower in Noah's room, rather than heading back to her room, while Ray thought heading back to her room would be easier.

She shut her eyes in fear, as she slowly inched the door open, praying that Leah wasn't awake.

Her prayers went unanswered, as she enteted the room, Leah's bed being completely empty, the loud running of the hotel's bathroom tap echoing throughout the room.

Ray sighed, shifting to knock on the bathroom door after grabbing her clothes for training and waiting for Leah to unlock it, deciding that she needed to get the strong stench of alcohol off her.

Ray sighed, as she waited behind the door, talping her foot slightly and looking at the ground, before the door swung open, revealing Leah wearing the training kit.

The black girl's eyes finally shot up to meet Leah's face, who gave her a disapproving look.

"You look hungover," Leah told her with an annoyed tone, which was probably true, making Ray shift on her feet, "Go have a shower, training's soon."

Raven rolled her eyes, pushing past the girl so she could go shower, before she felt a tug on her wrist, making her turn to look back at Leah.

"You'd better hope you look better by the time training starts." 

"Or what?" Ray asked, an eyebrow raised, not realising that she hadn't disagreed with the fact that she looked shitty.

"Or you might just have a hard time with Coach."

Ray sighed, pulling her hand away from the girl's grip, "Whatever,"

She sighed, turning around and locking the bathroom door, the blonde's touch still indented on her arm.

"Asshole," Raven muttered under her breath, breathing out a long sigh and brushing her hair back with her hand.