Choni Week Day One

Start from the beginning

What was she supposed to do?

Ignore Toni? Kiss her?

This was too hard to navigate, but when Toni sent her a small smile she relaxed a little, only to freeze up when she walked towards her.

"Can I sit?" Toni asked.

"Of course..."

Even Fangs sent her a smile as he sat next to Kevin, albeit it was a sad one. The two men glanced at each other before Fangs put his hand on Kevin's. They'd both lost someone they cared about. Cheryl felt a hand wrap around hers forcing her heart to skip a beat, just like it did yesterday when they were seventeen.

"Now, you're all here," Tabitha, said approaching her friends. "I think we need to talk about what's happened. I know we all had different lives here, and I'm sure all of you are confused. I'll try to help with any questions you have, but unfortunately I don't have all of the answers."

"We were in 1955 yesterday. How did this happen?" Betty asked.

"I honestly don't know for sure... I can only speculate that it has something to do with you all remembering your lives before the comet."

"And the people we left behind..." Fangs said, the tears in his eyes threatening to fall. "Will they wonder where we've gone? Will they remember us?"

"I can't say for sure-"

Tabitha was interrupted by the bell above the door opening. Everyone gasped as Clay, Midge and even Julian as well as a few other faces they recognised walked into the diner. None of them looked like they did in the 50's, just like the rest of the group, they'd aged into their mid twenties overnight.

Midge and Clay ran over to Fangs and Kevin, who embraced them instantly.  Cheryl's eyes daring to find Toni who only squeezed her hand as she watched her 'husband' embrace another woman.

As if she felt eyes on her Toni turned to look at her. "Can we talk after this?"

"What is going on?" Veronica whispered to Betty, but Cheryl heard it as she nodded her head to Toni's question.

She was overwhelmed. They all were. Still, she excused herself to greet her brother who also seemed like he'd seen a ghost.

"Why do you look so different?" He asked his sister. "Why do I?"

"Do you remember yesterday? When Jughead asked if we wanted to watch what our lives were like before?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, somehow we came back. This is where I... and many of us belong..."

"But not me." It was a statement rather than a question.

"No." Cheryl shook her head. "Not you."

"Then what am I supposed to do? How do I get home? How do I get back to our time?" He asked. "Look at me. I've lost years of my life."

"I don't have the answers, Julian. I'm just as confused as you are. My life here isn't like it was in the 50's, but the town is still similar to the one you remember. I still live in the same house-"

"With the serpent girl?" Julian glanced over her shoulder.

"No." She shook her head. "Toni is married here-"

"To another girl? Damnn, you've got some competition here." He laughed until he saw the look on her face. "Sorry-"

"She's married to Fangs. Things are complicated... and anyway how did you know?"

"You told the vixens and it went around the whole school. I kinda knew anyway." He shrugged. "You were always painting portraits of practically naked women... you didn't do a great job of hiding it. Are things different here? More accepting?"