010. 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘺

Start from the beginning

Thor flew down and landed next to him. "You okay?" he asked, helping Steve up.

"We need to get the portal closed. I can keep her busy while you focus on the cube" Steve said.

"It won't matter. War is Freya's domain. We won't win this if she won't allow it" Thor said.

Pressing on the comms on his ear, Steve called out for Natasha.

"Clint was under the same influence. How'd you break him out?" he asked

"I hit him really hard. On the head" Natasha said.

"Yeah. Thanks for that" Clint added.

Thor and Steve looked at each other knowing what they had to do. Although neither one wanted to.

Freya smiled as she walked up to them, and realized Thor had joined them.

"So you survived. Although I suppose I shouldn't be shocked since I too was left alone after surviving a great fall" she said.

"Freya. I am sorry. I should have come looking for you" Thor said.

"Do not fret. You shall have plenty of time to reflect on your actions. Perhaps in Valhalla" she said before flying toward him and tackling him to the ground.

Thor grabbed her and threw her to the side, sending her flying into a nearby building.

"Really?" Steve sighed.

"What? It is for her own good" Thor shrugged.

Suddenly her sword came flying at them and Thor was barely able to block it with his hammer, the tip of it slicing him on the cheek.

Freya pushed debris off her as she held out her hand and the sword came flying back to her.

"So how do you two know each other?" Steve asked as he threw his shield at her and it knocked her in the head.

It wasn't enough to knock her out of it as she picked up the shield and threw it back so hard he fell back as he tried catching it.

"We're old friends. Her father and mine fought many battles together" Thor said, winding up his hammer to throw.

Before he could, Freya came flying at him, pushing him to the ground. With a groan, Thor picked up his hammer and hit her with it.

Freya groaned and he fell over onto her back.

Steve tossed his shield, hitting her in the head again. Thor looked over and saw the blue in her eyes begin to flicker.

"Hit her again," he said.

"What?" Steve asked.

"It's working. Hit her again" Thor said.

Steve sighed, trying to remind himself that she was a god who could handle a lot more than anyone else he knew.

Picking up his shield he held it tightly in his hand before he brought it down again, essentially slapping her across the face with the blunt surface of the shield.

"Again," Thor said. Steve grimaced as he brought his shield down one more time. He raised it to hit her again but Freya reached out, grabbing his wrist.

"I think that's good" she mumbled.

"Freya?" he asked, unsure if was really her.

Freya groaned as she sat up and rubbed at the sore spot on her head. "What happened?"

"Loki" Thor told her.

"Thor?" she asked as she sat up and looked around. "Oh my god. What have I done?"