Chapter 88

Esmé woke up a bit later than usual. She went downstairs and hugged Alma, who was making breakfast by herself. "Good morning, sweetie." Alma kissed her cheek. "I'm nearly done cooking, would you set the table and wake everyone?"

Esmé hummed a response and was setting the table, jumping when she seen Ayn sitting at the table with a smirk.

"Morning." Ayn says, laughing slightly when she scared the woman.

"I'm assuming Violets up then?" Esmé says unamused.

"Obviously." Ayn grinned at her. "I'm going to go wake up my girlfriend."

Esmé rolled her eyes. "Have fun with that. Tell her breakfast is nearly ready."

"And no funny business." Alma adds as she walks out to the kitchen to head upstairs.

"No promises!" Ayn shouts and dashes upstairs.

Esmé shook her head as Ayn rushed off to see her girlfriend. Violet entered the room a moment later. "Where's Ayn? I- um.. something happened..."

"What happened?" Esmé questioned but suddenly a shout from Isabel and Ayn was heard, directing everyone's attention to upstairs.

Esmé gave her a small look before rushing upstairs where Ayn was still yelling incoherently. "What's wrong?" Esmé asked rushing into the room, Alma close behind her.

Ayn fell silent as tears pricked her eyes and quickly left the room, not wanting the others to see her like that. Isabel sent Alma a very concerned look as the older woman walked past Esmé.

"What's wrong?" Alma asked and looked down at Miss Wren. The woman hadn't even woken up from the yelling. Oh. The older woman leaned down and felt for her pulse.

Alma felt the same pang in her chest that she did when Ayn passed and a slight chill ran through her. She was staying in the same room Ayn did when she passed. But how did she?

"Alma?" Esmé asks quietly from the side of the room.

Alma turned to the younger woman with tears in her eyes. Esmé understood now what was happening and rushed over to hug her. She didn't want to look at the body of Balenciaga.

Esmé didn't know the woman much, but the death still upset her. She knew she was one of Almas closest friends along with Isabel's and she felt her heart break for the two women. Ayn must be destroyed, they only had so little time together and now she's gone.

Isabel cried as she ran out of the room. Violet entered the room, giving them a sad look. "I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you before you saw."

"How?" Was all Alma could ask. "How did this happen?"

"Well if you wouldn't mind," Violet says softly. "She can explain herself."

Alma looked at her slightly confused as she hugged Esmé tighter and Violet went downstairs to retrieve Ayn.

Once Ayn was back in the room, along with Isabel, Violet gave them a small unsure smile. Miss Wren appeared next to her a few moments later. She gave the women a soft smile.

"Oh you fucking bitch!" Ayn snapped, surprising everyone. "You scared the hell out of me!" She says as she hugged the woman tightly.

Balenciaga began crying as she hugged Ayn tightly. "I'm so sorry. I thought I would have time to tell you before it happened." She cried as she hugged the wight tightly.

"What happened?" Alma asks softly and Miss Wren hugged the wight tighter against her.

"I've had a number of medical problems throughout my life. I was going to tell you but I didn't know how. I didn't think this would happen, not now anyway." She cried as Ayn held her.

A New ChapterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara