Ch 10: 'Wasting Time'

Start from the beginning

Bakugo: "LET MY FUCKING FRIEND GO!"

Once more, no emotion was shown on Nomu's face as he watched the impending blonde draw his fist back ready for an attack. In the short amount of time that followed (Y/n) switched his gaze to the powerful villain holding his arm. It was at that moment (Y/n)'s eyes widened in fear, realizing Bakugo was no match for him after the image of (Y/n)'s One For All punch had no effect on the beast.

(Y/n): "No! Bakugo! Don't! You won't--"

Before (Y/n) could finish, an explosion rocked the nearby area. The students watching on from near the entrance instantly had their eyes taken off the injured Thirteen to watch the scene. Looks of horror and shock quickly found a few.

Sato: "Bakugo..."Ashido: "No..."

Sato: "This can't be the end, right?"

All questions went unanswered, but for Uraraka, who was still reeling in from the moment (Y/n) saved her, she could only bring her hands to her chest as watched the cloud of smoke grow in the distance. But as she prayed for her friend's survival, once more, her mind played an image of (Y/n) saving her, and with it, her heartbeat quickened once more. This time around, Uraraka took notice of the feeling and instantly questioned it. However, before she could properly get a response from it, her attention was taken back to the scene before her as Ashido spotted something through the smoke.

Ashido: "Look!"

Instantly everyone turned their attention back to the cloud of smoke, one that was quickly dissipating to reveal (Y/n) was now free of Nomu's clutches. Now, the young boy clutched at his chest as he stood beside Bakugo who supported him. The pair now a good twenty meters away from Nomu.

[Your POV]

...It all happened so fast. One moment Bakugo was taunting the villains and the next he was flying directly at one of them to save me. But after I realized the true strength of Nomu, I also came to realize that no matter what punch Bakugo gave, it wouldn't be enough to take down the villain.

(Y/n): "No! Bakugo! Don't! You won't--"

But it was just as I was about to finish my warning that I noticed something. A smirk, one familiar with the lips of Bakugo, ever-present as my childhood friend crashed toward me. What followed truly shocked me. For instead of aiming directly at Nomu, like I expected, Bakugo instead sent his punch flying toward the ground just before the beast.

The sudden impact caused an explosion of dirt to fill the air, blocking the vision of not only myself but everyone in the surrounding area. The next thing I knew, Bakugo wrapped his arms around my body and managed to free me from the unfocused Nomu. Now, I stand right beside my friend, panting heavily as I try to come to terms with what just happened. Bakugo on the other hand seemed to have no trouble with doing such.

Bakugo: [Panting] "You..." [Panting] "You see that? Shit..." [Panting] "...Was dope...Right?"

For a brief moment, I couldn't help but question the response Bakugo gave to what just happened. But in the end, all I could do was chuckle.

(Y/n): "Yeah, man... That shit was dope."

Unfortunately, our victory was short-lived, as both myself and Bakugo were immediately forced to return our attention back to the elephant in the room... and the masked villain who stood beside him clapping his hands.

(???): [Clapping] "You know, I... I must give it to you both. I came here looking for All Might, yet you two seem like you would be a good test for my dreaded Nomu."

Once more, no reaction came from Nomu as he merely stood idly by the villain's side. But both Bakugo and I didn't need one to realize what was going to go down.