He sits behind the counter, "Will you tell me to make my own too?" He jokes, arching a dry eyebrow, I roll my eyes at his remark, "I'm the one who offered to make you coffee, so I obviously won't." I explain and he absorbs my words for a beat before nodding.

"You're weird as fuck just for your knowledge." He makes a point of telling me as I place his mug with a thud in front of him, hoping it doesn't break, "I've been called numerous names before but weird isn't one of them." I offer.

Having a conversation with him is actually fun since he isn't so hotheaded, he smiles—or so much smirks actually, Jesus, I take that back, "Yeah? What have you been called?" He asks.

The corners of my lips lift, "Beautiful, Smart, intelligent, magnificent, majestic, extraordinary, exquisite, astonishing—" he stops me by holding up a finger, "Love the confidence, but I have a question, where the fuck did you get that much vocabulary?" He asks, sounding serious.

It actually ripples a laugh out of my mouth, it makes his face brighten as he smiles, "Books." I admit, curiosity sparks in his eyes, "What do you read?" He asks and I shrug, "Classics." I let out as I take a sip from the hot coffee.

I need the caffeine to function normally today, I have a long tiring day.

"I think we can be really good friends, Angelina." He says after a beat and I actually smile, feeling at ease, "I've heard this sentence before." I admit, feeling my chest tightening in pain at the reminder.

His brows furrow and it's clear in his eyes that he wants to ask for more, but he gives me space, something someone else wouldn't do, goddamn it, "You have my number, if you need something." My brows rise in further surprise.

He looks ashamed of my reaction but he pinches my nose and stands up, leaving me with clouding thoughts as he exits my apartment and we say our goodbyes too.

I walk towards the fridge and retrieve an ice cube, rubbing it over my right eye first.

Not a second later, I find a text popping up from the number he just saved.

Asher: UPDATES!!

Asher: he's coming upstairs 🚨.

Oh,
Oh.

I don't even have time for realization before sudden doorbells are ringing at the same time I'm afraid I'll be deaf, "A moment!" I yell as I shut the fridge off and walk toward the door.

Snapping it open, in the hallway, stands a tall mad Rowan, narrowing his eyes in a glare as he parts his lips to start speaking but they snap close seconds later, "Did someone punch you?" He questions so casually and my eyes widen.

"No?" It comes out like this, his suspicions fill his beautifully warm eyes, no shit, what the fuck was that? "Why is that a question?" He shoots right back, raising his brows, "No idea." I reply sincerely.

Not making sense of anything.

"Cute." He sighs before his face grows more serious, "I'm not here to discuss your grammatical mistakes." He warns, holding up a finger and I can't help but smile, actually, it's hard to take Rowan seriously.

"Stop smiling." He orders and I glare, but it soon disappears since my smile continues widening for absolutely no reason, any anger or frustration melts off his face, "I can't be angry at you while you're smiling, Lina." He hisses, sighing exaggeratedly.

He walks inside moments later and I close the door behind him, I still have a smile plastered across my face too, it's so weird to the point where he continues looking back to check it.

He whispers something under his breath but I don't make a move to make him repeat his words, "Why are you here?" I sigh and let out, he rubs a hand all over his face, "I don't fucking know." It's like our roles are switched right now.

I'm normally the one who's cursing and angry, he's the calm and teasing asshole, "You fucked." He states, a hint of jealousy in his tone, my glare comes back stronger than a 90s trend.

"When did you turn into a genius?" I deadpan, he smiles, "Here's my Angel back." He points out, one of his brows rising, "I'm not your Angel, I'm not your anything." I grit out, the sentence has been on the tip of my tongue since he started calling me that.

"You're my anything, Lina." He goes on, a sparkle glistening in his eyes, then he leans closer, "My everything." My spine heats up, causing my glare to thicken,

Moments of silence pass before he checks me out, and I finally ditch the melting ice, "What's the reason with—the thing?" He asks, brows furrowed, "Ice you mean, you know, water molecules align with each other when low temperature occurs then—" his glare stops my continuous words.

"I'm not fucking stupid." He's not, but since he adores pushing my limits, I don't mind doing the same since I'm in the mood for it, we're both equally petty as well.

"Why are you here?" I repeat again, there must be a reason, he tilts his head to the side, "I wanted to see you." He says in a lower tone, and my eyes uncontrollably flit around to his model-like features.

And while Asher looked stunning, that kind of gorgeous actors, something about Rowan always drew me in but I chose to ignore, I didn't know if it started from his low set brows and capturing eyes or his high sharp cheekbones that could cut through things.

"That's it?" I question, clearly not convinced by his response, but he looks unbothered as he holds my eyes, "That's enough." He protests lightly, i sigh, ignoring the way he's perfectly forming sentences that are enough to make women fall to their knees in front of him, me included.

Fuck no.

"I have things to do." I start, getting up, and grabbing my ready green smoothie, he eyes it and his lips twist in disgust, "Is cucumber involved in it?" He questions, brows furrowed in actual discomfort.

My tense muscles relax for some reason, "No, unfortunately." I shrug, "What does it consist of?" His question sparks a light inside of me, I bet that's one of his tactics, to make me interested.

He is actually way smarter than he makes himself appear, and there was a reason behind that thing, since most men would use it to charm people, because society views smart men as 'hot' the same way they viewed women who are smart and powerful to be "nonfeminine' as if you can't be extremely feminine and have a powerful place in your work and personality for that matter.

But the topic is extremely diminishing toward women, the whole society is, anyway, I push away my 'feminist' thoughts and focus on Rowan, "Spinach, apples, avocado, and milk." I explain and his eyes widen.

"Jesus Christ." He curses, "It tastes good." I assure for absolutely no reason, I don't like this, it feels as if I'm out of control, as if my body and mind are getting used to Rowan's presence again.

Not knowing that I'll end up losing him again, getting my heart broken too, I have a feeling that running away is the only solution to get him out of my mind, and it's not an option.

Fuck,
Fuck indeed.

A vote is really appreciated.