"Arsalan. Please Don't." She pointed a finger at him. She was all worked up.

He laughed, squeezing her in his arms and kissing her hair. She was actually getting angrier over the conversation. "Okay, that's because you love me more." He framed it better.

"You'd hate it when I'd not one day." She warned, not meaning it but one never knows what life has to show.

"Are you capable of that??" Arsalan simply retorted, not taking his wife seriously.

"Oh god Arsalan you are so.." She shook her head, biting her lips to curb a smile. She was malang over him & he was aware of it too well. "Meri kadr nahi hai.." (You don't value me.) She softly muttered. He heard it but didn't find it worthy of a reply.

"Aadya and Athiya were watching 'The Summer I Turned Pretty' on ipad." He informed her instead.

"Ahw." Sithara cackled. "Cute."

"It's stupid. I asked them to sleep."

"I'm so excited to see them have this phase."

"Makes me weird." She could hear a father.

"It will be fine, don't worry." She intertwined her hands with his and pecked his knuckles. "Hmm." He thought about it.

"Whose it??" Sithara enquired as her phone rang.

"Why does your mother always have to call this late?" Arsalan grimaced, not touching her phone.

"Because she knows you keep me busy all day." She answered waiting for him to hand over her mobile but he didn't.

"Arsalan give me my phone..she stays up till this late to talk to me."

"No." He curtly responded. "You are not taking this call."

"Arsalan."

"I'm serious."

"It is unbelievable how rude you are towards my family..and I even allow it."

"Really???" He played around. "I thought it's normal to not want to get calls after twelve at night."

"Give me my phone." She ignored his rubbish.

"Choose." Sithara sighed at his audacity and stared at him startled.

"You demanded that I come to bed." Arsalan justified to annoy her further but she threw the blanket from above them at that, ready to walk to get her mobile herself.

Arsalan laughed, holding her back and giving it to her.

"It's not funny." She commented. The call had died.

"Wait for when I do this to your mother." She turned to the other side, dialling her mother's number.

"Relax." He hugged Sithara from behind.

"Hello, Mumma. Kaise ho??" (How are you??) Arsalan closed his eye.

"You didn't come home????" Her mother asked instead.

"I'm sorry, but Arsalan won't like it." She told her honestly neither wanting to give her false hopes nor wanting to boast her husband's ego but he liked her reply, the squeeze on her boob did reflect on that.

"I understand.." Her mother was clearly upset. "I used to choose Papa, you and Shashwat over my mother."

"Mumma don't say that hn." Sithara felt miserable. "I'm really sorry." She felt immensely guilty for making her believe that she might come.

"I'm not complaining. It's being a woman Sithara. I know it." Her mother spoke. "I'm still choosing you, like you are choosing your children."

"I hate it." Sithara's voice broke down. She felt so vulnerable. Being a woman was tough.