Chapter 2

Later that evening after a long rest and a hot bath I was getting ready for the feast , I wore a long red gown with a black silk cloak . We didn't dress in the west like we did here . It was far to cold in the north so everything we wore had be hand made to suit the climate . It was boring , too simple but it kept us warm .

A short time later my brother Rogan knocked on my door .
He voiced his concern over the Marriage of our sister Relina and Robb stark .

It wasn't so much that it was Robb stark it was because Rogan thinks that the Capital would be more suited to her as opposed to the north .

Of course now after seeing it for myself with my own eyes I fear my brother is right but we would be foolish to voice our concerns if this is our fathers wish .

Rogan accompanied me to the grand hall where the feast was in full swing , Relina sat between father and Robb stark leaving me to take the seat to his left .

The feast was in full swing , everybody of nobility was there including the children who shared a table with the stark children . We off course sat at the top of grand hall overlooking the feast and I was quite happy to just sit and watch it all happening from afar .
The music was loud , the food was plentiful and the wine was in endless supply .
It was very much a northern affair .

"How is the north treating you my Lady" Robb asked turning into me with a roguish smile .
"A part from the bitter cold it's been kind to me " I smiled .
"It has been a while since we had guests from the west grace us here in the north . Not many travel this far , we get the odd few that stop on there way to and from castle black but that is rare and few . Things are different in the north but we like it just the way it is " he smiled before he sipped his wine , his soft eyes moved around the room taking in his surroundings . He was defiantly a northerner .

The people of the north are known for the kindness and loyalty . Them folk treated Ned Stark like a king of the north . It was obvious from the moment we stepped foot here that the Starks were very much loved.

Of course why wouldn't they , they were very humble and frugal people who blended in with its folk . I sat there idly wondering if the north ever desired to be a free kingdom , after all was by far the biggest .

Rogan mingled with the guests and Relina sat batting her eyelashes at Robb Stark .
I needed some fresh air so I snuck away quietly and headed for the door that led me onto the castle court yard .
The air was cold but was very refreshing ,
I welcomed it as the breeze hit my face softly .
The courtyard was quite , there were a couple of stable hands and yard boys walking about but they just acknowledged me and walked on .

From the corner of my eye a figure caught my attention . It was a man dressed in dark clothing and
He was holding a bow 'n arrow .

I took a few steps towards him before I stopped . It was Jon snow .
It was only then I took note of his absence from the feast .

He stilled as I neared him but didn't turn around .
"Are you going to fire that bow or do you like to use it as decoration " I giggled prompting him to turn around this time .

His eyes when wide when they set on me and he raised his brow at me .
"Lady Naelahra , I didn't see you there" he replied and a ghost of a smile played on his lips .
"Your not at the feast ?" I asked curiously .
"No my lady " he shook his head .
"Don't like to eat ?" I replied with sarcasm .
"Yes I do " he chuckled .
I took another step forward and I gave him a questioning look .
His half hooded dark eyes darted to the great hall and he swallowed the lump in his throat .
"I'm not allowed in there " he sighed .
"Why not ?" I snapped but my tone wasn't aimed at him .
"Bastards aren't allowed my Lady " .
"That's absurd " I scoffed , he lowered his head and fixed his eyes on the ground .
Of course he wasn't allowed , I inwardly kicked myself for asking such a idiotic question . Silence took over for a moment and I hated the thick tension in the air.
"So , may I have a try ?" I asked nodding my head towards the bow that he was holding loosely by his side .
He looked up immediately , cleared his throat but chuckled again under his breath .
"Shouldn't you be getting back to your party ?" He replied quietly but he looked surprised .
"No I'm pretty sure I won't be missed" I chuckled and I grabbed the bow from his hand before he could protest .
"So Jon Snow , are you going to teach me or do I have to figure it out on my own " I demanded cheekily .
He shook his head and laughed , he looked very much amused.
I grabbed an arrow from the leather bag and I lined it up on the bow .
"Looks like you know what your doing from here " he smiled .
"I tried once , I have a love for trying new things . Something to add to my list of 'ToDo's' " I giggled and I lined up my shot .

He took a step closer to me and stood by my side eyeing up my stance .

"Relax your left hand " he said .

I let it go and the arrow flew over the top of the stone wall and made a clatter as it hit the wooden shed behind it .

Jon's laughter filled the air and I cursed at myself .

"Well i didn't say I could actually do it" I Pointed out to which he laughed a little louder .

"Ok line it up again " he said and he handed me a bow .

I lined it up and relaxed my left arm , He came up behind me and stood ever so close .
"Now lower your bow " he whispered trying not to break my concentration.
I took a step back a little to hastily and suddenly I crashed back into his chest . He grabbed my waist quickly and caught me as I lost my balance .
My could feel my cheeks blush but I couldn't help it and I laughed out loud
"Carful my lady , try it again " he smiled and nodded towards the board .

I lined up my bow again , relaxed my left hand and eyed up my target carefully .

"Lower your bow " he whispered again .
"I will miss again " I huffed and he cleared his throat once more .
Suddenly he bought his arms around me and held the bow with one hand and held his other hand over my mine on the lever . He was so close I could feel his breath on my neck and it sent tingles up and down my body .
I had never been this close to a boy before ..
"Can you see the target , see how we have aimed it just above the mark?" He asked but I couldn't concentrate , not now that Jon Snow had me practically in his arms .
I took a dare and placed my hand over his that held the now . He felt warm under my touch and I held it tightly .
He gasped ever so slightly under his breath and I knew I had an effect on him as he did on me .

"Are you ready ?" He whispered and i nodded unable for words .

Suddenly we let go of the arrow and it embedded itself straight into the target .

I gasped in surprise and Jon let me go immediately .

"I did it " I shrieked with surprise and he chucked .
"Well you did it really " I muttered but I was still excited .
"No my Lady I just guided you" he laughed .
"Your too kind Jon Snow " I smiled .

Somebody cleared there throat and we turned around immediately .

It was Robb stark and he looked uneasy .
"Your father sent me to look for you a Lady Naelahra " he nodded .
I dared a glance at Jon Snow who's soft brown eyes where now hard and set on Robb .
"Thank you Jon Snow " I smiled but he simply just nodded . I walked towards Robb who smiled warmly at me .

"We will have to take that bow out soon brother , perhaps another wager " Robb challenged and Jon laughed . I could feel the pity in Robb voice but the tension some what eased around us and i felt relived .

"It's cold Lady lets get you inside " he insisted .

I turned around discreetly and waved at Jon Snow who gave me a devilish smile ..