She came into college in second year since she switched majors, her brother was in the same friend group as Elias, Silas, and Rowan, and since we sometimes hang out with the assholes, we grew even closer, even though our first meeting was a bit awkward.

We clicked, I liked the girl, she was outspoken, creative, and sociable, "She treated him like a son, yeah." I whisper in some kind of disappointment—not sadness no, I don't think they entirely understand the whole situation.

They don't notice the shift in Rowan's personality like I do since he always showed this sociable fun side to people, but not to me, never to me, until something that I have no idea of shifted that inside of him.

And when I tried to understand, it was a bit too late to even make sense of what was going on, "I have a feeling that you'll agree." Vera says bluntly and grimaces before forcing a smile, "Why would you say that?" I ask instantly, not out of anger but mainly curiosity.

She sighs and pushes away the guy trying to pull her to him, he sighs annoyingly and she turns to me again, "Because—I think that if you push away your emotions like you always do and focus on this logically, you can actually make a lot of things out of his 'weird' deal." She shrugs, lifting a shoulder as she bounces.

My brows furrow in deep thought as I let her words settle in, sure, it seems like my mind is full of thoughts and possibilities, but they're all driven by emotions and earlier suppressed agony as she said.

"I agree with her." Aurelia points out and I nod, clearing my throat as I try to push everything away, "Okay, I want to get over this at the moment." The moment I utter those words I find Vera strolling towards the bar.

I hold her back, "Without drinking." I insist, her face twists in confusion, "You always drink." She explains, her words are true because I always do so, but I normally don't trust any man around here on this dance floor.

Unless...well, unless Rowan is sitting with us or watching out for me like he always does in this teasing way.

And while I'm sure that Elias wouldn't let something happen, lately, his mere focus has been on Aurelia and only her, which shouldn't surprise me since the guy is possessive as fuck, protective whatever you want to call it actually.

"Okay, birthday wish: I want Angelina to get laid." She states casually and I narrow my eyes in dismissal, "You didn't even think about it." She observes seconds later, Aurelia laughs.

"I don't want to get laid." I don't mind it but it's not my goal from the start, Aurelia raises a questioning brow and I sigh exaggeratedly, giving in, "Okay as I already said I ain't getting laid, maybe I can find an Asshole here to distract me." I point out as my eyes start to flit around.

Vera grins like a proud mom, then places a hand on my shoulder, "Only Angelina would call every single man on this planet an asshole." They earned the label themselves, "So far, I haven't met a man who could prove otherwise." I raise an eyebrow.

I shrug and they smile before I abandon our spot and start searching for tonight's prey, okay that sounds extremely fucking dramatic, tonight's asshole, better that way.

A guy lies by at the bar, eyes on me, as they descend down my tall frame, eyeing the blood-red dress I'm wearing, it's tight, molding in all the right places, with spaghetti straps,

My body heats up as I fill my mind with sinful images, taking self-distraction to a whole other level, Moments pass with this goddam staring contest before he stands up and approaches me, with confident sure strides.

He has long blonde hair, tied back in a ponytail, tattoos along his neck and arms, and his physique is developed to a bulk, That's not normally what I'd go for but the man is actually stunning, he towers over me with a few inches.

His eyes are blue, sharp features and a crooked nose like it's been broken numerous times, he looks like those ragged men you'd see on TV shows, like Elias and Silas for example but on another level.

"You look stunning." He points out and brushes a strand of my hair away, big strong hand cupping my cheeks as his thumb rubs my chin, I smile a little, my tense muscles easing at the compliment.

So just to get to the point and spare myself the time, I stand on my tip toes before smashing my lips down on his, he groans in approval and brushes my cheeks softly, the other hand gently trailing over my stomach.

We pull back momentarily, and I catch my breath as I stare up at him, satisfaction spreading through my body, I'm not entirely aroused but I normally don't feel so after a kiss only,

But before anything escalates, uncontrollably, literally, I tilt my head to the side and my eyes pin to a pair of narrowed brown eyes, anger filling Rowan's sharp features.

So he's been here all this time.

He's sitting by the bar, no women in view surprisingly, one glass of whiskey in hand, legs spread, and a rare dark shadow casts over his face, enhancing the edginess of it, since there's no smile in view, no dimples.

I don't know at which point exactly that realization dooms over me but I realize that he's glaring not just narrowing his eyes, those goddamn eyes never once leave mine, they don't even settle on the man in front of me, just on me.

The single eye contact is enough to make my whole thoughts shift, and any attempts at being self-destructive crumbles all over the floor, but I still raise my chin, fierce and unembarrassed.

I don't owe him anything, he shouldn't look at me with—that fucking look, like he's angry that I'm kissing another guy, with shame.

I grit my teeth as my anger spikes, "Is something wrong?" The guy in front of me asks, I smile in a flirty way, no idea if it's to piss off Rowan or just to get what I want, "What's your name?" I ask instead.

"Asher." He rasps under his breath, raising a questioning brow as his hands tighten around my waist, "Yours?" He adds, "It's Angelina." I reply under my breath and ignore the feeling of Rowan's glare burning a hole through my side.

Shut him off, goddamn it.

My mind felt much more peaceful when he wasn't around, it's becoming unbearable really, "Why don't you come over to my house?" I ask, suggesting lightly, since everyone booked at a five-star hotel for the rest of their weekend here in LA so my apartment is empty, his eyes sparkle, "Sure."

Maybe getting laid isn't so bad after all, "Come on." I say lightly and quickly shoot a text to Aurelia and Vera, assuring them that I'll leave, lovely, so as we both turn, in order to exit the goddamn club, we have to pass by Rowan.

I embrace myself with a breath as we slowly start approaching the asshole, who seems a bit more content than a second ago, for some unknown reason, when we round by the corner, just beside his seat.

"Can you wait for me outside?" I suggest lightly, feigning a grimace, he nods, he clearly senses something going on but we're both here for different reasons but same outcome, he wants to get laid for whatever reason he has and I want to do so to get my mind off the fucking bastard in front of me.

Who I step toward slowly, he looks up at me, his tall frame is still clear while he's sitting to the point where his head reaches my neck as I stand in front of him.

He shamelessly eye-fucks me, as his eyes descend down my frame then up to my eyes, quite literally, "Beautiful." He mutters under his breath, the corners of his lips lifting but I still notice the tick of his jaw.

"Why don't you go hang out with Aurelia and Vera? They're right there." I make a point of motioning at where they're dancing, his eyes don't leave mine though, that—"You're going home with him?" He asks.

His voice is no longer playful even when his face looks like it, but in reality, the sharp strict lines of his features are clearer than ever, "Yes." I smile, not genuinely even while I curse myself internally at even giving him the credit for distracting me.

"Did you see him?" He snarls, "He's exactly my type." I don't have one, but it feels good to slowly see his face morph into a scowl, I finally regain my senses and force myself to walk away, not bothering with his response even though it still reaches me.

"Like fuck he is."

A vote is really appreciated.

THAT CHAPTER WAS LONG FOR Y'ALL
🫸🏻😔🫷🏻
I'm just trying something never mind.