𝘗𝘙𝘖𝘓𝘖𝘎𝘜𝘌

Randy moves her things into the apartment Sam bought. Randy and Tara share a bedroom in the apartment. Mindy and Chad also live in the apartment. Chad's room is on the left side of their room and Mindy's room is on the right side of their room. 

Tara comes soon after with a box in her hands. She places it down before releasing a satisfied exhale. "So, now it's all done. All boxes are where they're supposed to be. Sam is packing up in the living room or kitchen right now. She unpacked her boxes in her bedroom scarily quick." 

Randy giggles softly. "Sam is just determined." 

Tara raises her eyebrows. "You're not switching sibling right now, are you? Like Elena did with Stefan and Damon in season 4? Baby, please. You're not like Elena Gilbert. You're better. Prettier. More selfless and sweeter." (A/N: I mean no offense to Nina Dobrev. I love that woman.)

"Don't be stupid, Tara. You know I would never replace you. I mean, Sam is totally hot, unbelievably attractive and-" Randy lists up. 

Tara holds up her hands. "Okay, okay. I get it. Sam is great. Just great. But let's go back to me, to us, okay?" 

Randy lets out another giggle. 

"Oh, how I love that sound, baby. It's like music to my ears." Tara places her hands on Randy's cheeks before pressing her lips onto Randy's lips. She hums satisfied and pleasant into the kiss. 

"Tara! Randy! You can be all cute later! Mindy and Chad are on their way with pizza!" Sam calls out. 

Tara pulls away with a loud groan. "I swear, every time." 

Randy grabs her hand. "It's okay, Tara. We sleep in the same bed and share a bedroom. We got lots of time together. It's just a dinner with your sister and my sister and brother. A dinner with the Meeks-Martin siblings and Carpenter siblings." 

Tara chuckles softly, stroking Randy's cheek gently. "You're too sweet, you know that, sweetheart? But I love you so much for that." She kisses her nose. 

Randy giggles softly making Tara smile. 

***

"Finally!" Chad breathes out when Tara and Randy walk down the stairs hand in hand. "You guys took forever! Maybe we should've stayed at my dorm with Ethan and invited Sam over instead so you two lovebirds-" 

Mindy smacks Chad's arm. 

"Ow!" Chad whines, rubbing his arm as he turns around to look at Mindy. "Mindy! Are you serious? Stop hitting me!" 

"Well, then get off Tara and Randy's asses for one damn second. They're in love. They have shared trauma. No wonder they wanna stay together." Mindy scolds sternly. 

Tara gives Mindy a grateful smile. 

"Has anyone noticed how Tara has been full-on possessive since after what happened last year? She death glared at me yesterday for making Randy upset because I told her she can't eat ice cream for every meal!" Chad exclaims. 

Sam presses her lips together, hiding the laugh she is about to let out. Mindy looks amused for a second before giving Chad a pointed look. 

Tara glares at Chad. "You hurt her feelings. I don't care if you're her brother. Nobody gets to hurt my girl." 

Chad holds up his hands in surrender with wide eyes. Tara smiles satisfied as she wraps her arms around Randy tightly and presses a kiss to the side of Randy's temple. 

"They're cute." Mindy cooes with an adoring smile. 

"Yes, very cute." Sam agrees, smiling softly. 

"Okay, I'll let this go since I don't want Tara to kill me." Chad mutters, walking over to the table and pouring a glass of coke to himself before sitting down and placing two pizza slices on his plate. 

Randy rushes out of Tara's grip, sits down in front of Chad, and places two pizza slices on her plate before pouring up coke in her glass too. 

Sam chuckles softly. 

"I swear, sometimes I get the question if Chad and Randy are the twins of his family. I'm not surprised they ask. I feel like an older sister with two younger twins to take care of." Mindy grumbles as she walks towards the table to sit down on the short side of the table between Randy and Chad. 

Tara sits down beside Randy and Sam sits down beside Chad in front of Tara. 

***

A few weeks after starting at Blackmore University, Randy gets to know Chad's roommate Ethan Landry. And she meets Anika, Mindy's current fling. 

They have also gotten a new roommate in the apartment. Quinn Bailey. She is also a student at Blackmore University. She is the daughter of Detective Bailey. 

Randy picks up her phone and keys, laying them in the right front pocket of her dark grey sweatpants. She jolts slightly when she suddenly sees Tara standing in front of her. 

Tara stands with crossed arms. 

"Jesus, Tara! A warning, please? What are you doing? What's wrong?" Randy questions softly, glancing over at the Latina girl and seeing her stoic demeanor. 

"Where are you going?" Tara's voice softens. 

"I need to go see Ethan." Randy states. 

Tara furrows her eyebrows slightly, crossing her arms, and then tightens her grip on her arms. "But Chad is here...Why are you going to see Ethan?" 

"We have an assignment. Remember...? I'm taking econ with him." Randy reminds her girlfriend softly. 

"I'm gonna miss you." Tara grumbles, stroking her cheek softly. She smiles fondly when she sees Randy blushing. "You're so sweet and cute when you blush like that, sweetheart." 

"I'll come back right after. I promise. I understand you're paranoid and protective after what happened last year. It's very understandable. If I can understand your concern, couldn't you understand my need to finish this assignment?" Randy gives her puppy eyes and a sweet smile.

Tara groans. "Baby, stop doing that. You know I can't take that...I can't take your puppy eyes. You're just too adorable." She pinches Randy's cheek gently and kisses her nose. 

Randy giggles softly but her eyes suddenly widen. "Right! I forgot my bag in my room where the assignment instructions and notes are!" She exclaims before rushing back to their bedroom. 

Tara chuckles softly, admiring Randy as she rushes through the apartment. "Don't trip, sweetheart. I don't want you to hurt yourself." She calls out. 

"I won't!" Randy calls back. She comes rushing back, stopping beside Tara. She places her hands gently on Tara's shoulders before pecking her cheek gently. "See you later, Tara. I love you." 

Tara smiles and blushes slightly after Randy closes the door after her. She slowly pulls up her fingers to touch her cheek where Randy's lips touched. 

***

On her way out, Randy suddenly bumps into someone. She yelps softly as she lands on the floor. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to make you fall." A man in his mid-twenty quickly apologizes. He stretches out his hand. "Here. Let me help you. I'm Danny, by the way." 

Randy lets him help her up, offering him a soft smile. "I'm Randy. I know, weird name for a girl." She rambles nervously. 

Randy has tried to improve her people skills and this whole meet-new-people thing but it all remains a struggle. 

Danny chuckles. "No, it fits you. I think it's special. In a good way, of course." 

"Anyway, I should go now. I have to go to a friend's dorm. I really need to get a grade on this essay. Econ is important." Randy points out with a goofy smile. 

Danny looks amused. "Yeah, sure, buddy. Very important. I-I mean it. It sounds really cool." He speaks. Randy's smile widens. 

"Bye, Danny!" Randy calls out before rushing off. 

Danny stands for a moment, chucking amused before shaking his head and making his way back into his apartment.