Chapter 4

The day has finally come. I take a deep breath and push open the gate, entering the MAU campus.

I close the black steel gate and take in my soon-to-be school. The buildings were at least 3 stories, maxing at 6.
Bright, multicoloured wildflowers scattered the huge lawn, clashing beautifully against the red bricked buildings.

I wished my illustrations were as amazing as this. I still have no idea who suggested me for this school. I've never shown my work to anyone, have I?

I shrug the thought away as I grip the shiney gold doorknob into the main building. I turn it and push the solid oak door open, my eyes widening bigger than before.
The ceiling is about twice the height of the door, the floor is a beautiful mixure of coloured quartz tiles, and the walls are coated with lovely floral wallpaper.

I walk up to the lady at the front desk. Her smile is bigger than mine, which for a minute I thought would be logically impossible.

The secretary has long, straight blonde hair and her blue eyes match amazingly with her pale face and freckles. She looks the same age as me.

"Hi!" she exclaimed. "I'm Tassy. What's your name?" Tassy asks, glancing at her computer screen.
"Brice Solace," I reply with a smile.

"Ah!" Tassy cheers, writing something down on a paper. She spins on her chair, rolling over to another desk behind her.

"Brice Solace, your roommate, is here," she speaks into a small mircophone.
She rolls back over to me and hands me a slip of paper.

"Sector C, dorm 7. Your roommate'll be waiting there to show you around."

I take the paper, look it over, and smile to her. "Thanks, Tassy!"
She nods with a smile and I leave out an exit that has a sign saying, "To Dorms".