lo'ak has a crush; lo'ak

"Stop splashing me!" Tuk whines as Neteyam splashes her. Tuk goes to cover her face to avoid the splashes and small waves Neteyam is aiming at her.

"Oh, Neteyam! Leave Tuk alone." Tsireya says, laughing softly. In response, Neteyam starts splashing her too. Tsireya squeals and ducks under the water.

Tuk, Neteyam, Lo'ak, Ao'nung, Rotxo, Tsireya, and (Y/N) are at the jagged sea edge of the Metkayina territory. Kiri didn't feel like playing or being in the water so she sits on the shore creating a new beaded cover-up for herself. Every now and then, Kiri looked up at her friends shouting and laughing. She was amused by how they played. The group decided to spend the day playing in the water as their chores and tasks were complete and Tonowari and Jake allowed them to go out and have fun.

Ao'nung and Roxto wrestled with each other, loud laughs and howl's escaped their lips. As they wrestled, their heads bobbed up and down in the water. Lo'ak and (Y/N) sat on the rocks at the start of the deep shoreline watching their friends play with each other. (Y/N) laughs watching Neteyam splash Tuk and Tsireya and Ao'nung and Roxto wrestle.

(Y/N) felt happy and relaxed for the first time in awhile. The Metkayina village has been busy as the sky-people's presence is always expected and prepared for. Because of training against the sky people has began, the group of friends haven't been able to spend time with each other at all and (Y/N) realized how much she loved and missed her friends. Especially, Lo'ak.

Lo'ak on the other hand has only been thinking about (Y/N) since the first time they saw each other and hung out. When Lo'ak and the rest of the Sully family arrived to the Metkayina territory, (Y/N) has been at the forefront of making sure Lo'ak and his siblings feel welcomed and comfortable. Since then, Lo'ak has been mesmerized with (Y/N) and always makes an effort to spend time with her or, at least, catch a look at her walking through the village. When the friend group hangs out, which is often, Lo'ak always makes sure to tag along to see (Y/N) even if he doesn't feel like going out. That's how much Lo'ak likes (Y/N).

Lo'ak watches (Y/N) play with a starfish that was clinging on to one of the rocks next to her. She lifts her hand that is holding the starfish up to her face and giggle watching the tiny tentacles move around her hand.

Watching (Y/N), Lo'ak admires the beauty that adorns her face. He undeniably knows (Y/N) is the most beautiful Na'vi he's ever seen. Lo'ak has been fighting the urge to spill his feelings about (Y/N) to her but he doesn't want to mess it up or scare (Y/N) off. He's been trying to figure out if (Y/N) feels the same about him but he hasn't been able to figure her out. Little does Lo'ak know that (Y/N) does feel the same.

"It likes you," Lo'ak says watching the starfish crawl up (Y/N)'s arm. (Y/N) laughs softly and Lo'ak leans towards (Y/N) to pet the starfish that's moving about her arm. In doing so, Lo'ak's face is less then an inch from (Y/N) and (Y/N)'s attention has turned away from the starfish and to Lo'ak's face. Lo'ak realizes how close he is and he coughs and moves away from her face. Lo'ak becomes shy and looks towards his friends and siblings playing with each other. Ao'nung, Roxto and Neteyam are chasing Tuk and Tsireya with a jellyfish and the girls scream and move to swim away.

(Y/N)'s heart is still beating from when Lo'ak was so close to her face. She thought he would kiss her but when he moved away she felt a little disappointment. Did he not like her? (Y/N) decided to do a test to see if Lo'ak liked her; maybe she could get him alone with her and see if he made a move. If he didn't, she didn't know how she would feel.

"Lo'ak, do you want to take a break from the water and go for a walk?" (Y/N) says, gesturing towards the shoreline.

Lo'ak nodded and moved off the rock he was sitting on. He was up to his chest in water and he reached up to (Y/N) with his hand held out for her to take. She smiled and took his hand in hers moving gracefully of the rock and into the water. Together they swam towards the sandy shoreline. The rest of the friend group noticed Lo'ak and (Y/N) moving out of the water. Ao'nung and Roxto hollered yelling to Lo'ak, "get some, bro!" and making kissing noises. Neteyam comes up behind them and hits the back of their heads. Tsireya rolls her eyes and shakes her head.