"are you all right?" you questioned, releasing a sigh as she nodded and moved to slide her arms around your torso in a hug of relief.

you wrapped an arm around her back just as neteyam managed to free your younger sister, beckoning her to the side as he rushed toward lo'ak next. breaking away from tsireya's hug, you turned to tuk, placing a hand on the back of her head as you pulled her into your side.

"tuk," you muttered through a comforted breath, placing a curt peck atop her hair before moving to face the two girls with a hard stare. "come on, we must go."

ushering tuk to walk in front of you with tsireya, you were forced to halt when a call of your name came from one of the two boys behind you. turning to them, you found lo'ak cradling an ar15 tightly to his chest with neteyam standing by his side.

"what are you doing?" you questioned with ruffled brows, glancing back toward the girls who were making their way to the water.

"they've got spider," your twin announced, prompting a curt breath to pass through your lips. "come on, we can't leave him."

as much as you hated to admit it, you knew your brother was right; you needed to save your human companion— knowing that he'd do the same for any one of you.

moving to follow after the two, you paused as yet another questioning voice called out for you from the sea. you turned, your gaze settling on tsireya as she peered over at you from the edge of the port with worried eyes.

"where are you going?" she questioned as you trekked back over toward her.

"they've taken our friend," you answered, glancing toward the inside of the wrecked ship. "we need to get him back."

"but- but it's too dangerous," tsireya proclaimed, her eyebrows raising in panic as she eyed the walled-in section. "what if something happens?"

your eyes softened at her understandable concern, wondering how one person could make you feel so deeply cared for with just a simple sentence.

"take this," you replied, reaching for a thin necklace bound around your throat.

it was a woven piece of jewelry you had crafted with your parents many years ago back in vayaha, brown leather braided into an intricate pattern with small beads tucked between the fabric. at the front hung a small tooth from a flying predator that you couldn't quite remember the name of, one you had hunted with your father and older brother a few days prior.

you held the object very dear to your heart since it was made after a particularly rough raid that your father had led, and he and your mother decided that spending some time with their children was in order.

while the rest of your siblings had gone to bed after deciding to scrap their own crafts, you fought against the call of sleep, staying up with jake and neytiri to hear of the exchanges between your people and the humans while they assisted you in creating your piece of desired jewelry.

the pair talked into the night about moments from a more distant time; a time before you and your brothers and sisters, a time before all of the war carried out in your home.

while the necklace wasn't remarkable in a way that could be designated as fairly important, you held it close to you, under the earliest and most loving memory that you had with both of your parents.