"What do you suppose is in here?" She asked, her greedy little ghost fingers trying to open it

"What do you suppose is in here?" She asked, her greedy little ghost fingers trying to open it. After a few seconds of letting her try, Mugman held out a hand to take a look at it. When she was done struggling with it, she huffed and handed it over to the young mug. Both Mugman and Tsundere felt over it.

It's hollow. The parasite said.

"He says it's hollow." Mug relayed and handed it back.

"What do you mean by hollow?" She asked, not believing what she was hearing. Her gaze went from the relic back to the boys.

"I mean it's empty. There's nothing inside it."

"Then what's the point of this thing if there's nothing in it?" Chalice spat and shook the relic as if hoping to hear something rattling inside. "Piece of junk!" She cursed it and went to toss it out of sight.

"Wait! Don't throw it away." Mug said and stopped her. "You said you found it in the King's treasure room, right? Perhaps it's worth something?" He offered.

"You know what? You're right!" Chalice agreed with him. She got excited and started to float about, letting her ghostly body slither up and around the various tombstones littered about the grounds. "If we can find the right sucker, we can sell it for some good loot."

"Or maybe we can find someone who knows what it is." Mug offered.

"Right, that too." Chalice said, although not really listening. For she was more interested in trying to get money out of it. Mugman saw his brother running back. Thankfully the young cup was still able to find them even though they had moved a bit from their last known location.

"Hey Mugs, good news! David can be here within an hour to help Tsundere!" Cup announced as he came up next to his sibling.

"That's great! Um...he did say that he could help him, right?" Mugman wanted to be sure.

"Of course, he can! He's the Devil!" Cuphead said.

"Cuphead...did he say those words exactly?" That didn't sound convincing to the young mug.

"Okay, okay, not exactly." Cup admitted, letting out a sigh. "He said he would do everything he could for him."

"But David doesn't know if he can save Tsundere?" Mugman wanted it straight. He didn't want to give his creature a sense of false hope if there truly wasn't any.

"Uh..." The young cup stuttered and pulled at the collar of his black shirt. He really didn't want to say those words, but he knew David had been a bit uncertain. But then Ms. Chalice saved him from saying anything.

"Hey, Cuphead, take a look at this!" The ghostly chalice floated over, holding out the eye trinket for the red cup to see. Her body folded over the tombstone that Mugman was sitting against. Cup and Mug flinched as the ground beneath them started to shift. It was as if they felt the click of a heavy door unlocking. A circular opening appeared below Mugman. It had a similar blue glow to the portals that Chalice summoned to take into the astral plane. Mug screamed as he began to fall into the hole. A darkness below seemed to swallow him up.