─ 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

Start from the beginning

Lulu Hayashi's voice brought forth a whole boatload of questions for Magdalena as she continued staring at the TV with a resilient intensity that her father took note of. The brunette blamed it on Lulu's vivid imagination, although the tone in her voice sounded quite real and frightened. Why Starcourt? Why did she need to go there? And some girl apparently had mind powers. It was insane. Lulu sounded deranged. Magdalena's leg began bouncing up and down, her mind completely tuning out the movie as she digested what her best friend left on the answering machine.

Magdalena's dad took a sip from his beer bottle and chuckled to himself about Lulu's words. The raven-haired girl had always been a bit of a drama queen with a talent for making up the craziest shit. Marion May dismissed the urgency in a heartbeat. But Magdalena had a hard time doing so. Lulu had won this round because, with a deep, disgruntled sigh, Magdalena carefully picked up Sunny the Bunny and walked into her room to put the rabbit back into her cage. Once the small animal was situated, Magdalena grabbed a sweatshirt and headed out the door, sending her dad a short-lived farewell in the process.

Her dad's response consisted of:

"Alright, darling girl. Don't stay out too late."

✧・゚:

For reasons unbeknownst to Magdalena May, she believed that the monologue Lulu left on her answering machine was a desperate attempt to get her to leave the house. The brunette was wrong. Nothing felt more out of body than walking right into an empty mall on the night of July Fourth—a place in where Magdalena was met by the several familiar faces that she'd come to know during her lifelong existence in Hawkins. Aside from one: a young girl with a haircut akin to Lulu's. As Max Mayfield introduced, the mystery girl's name was Eleven and she was apparently special.

Like, very special.

"Special how? She skip a grade in school or something?"

Magdalena inquired directly (and quite impatiently) after Max vaguely explained who the young brunette was.

"Special as in she was born with telekinetic powers. It's a long story."

That had been the redhead's reply which unsurprisingly left Magdalena May speechless and feeling like she'd been lied to by Max. The younger girl swore the anecdotes about the supernatural happenings and their relations to Eleven were kept from Magdalena in order to protect her. Still, the brunette felt like she didn't know her hometown anymore. For the past two years, according to Max, strange occurrences have taken place. Magdalena wondered how she could've been so blind to them all. Were her own troubles so consuming that she failed to see the bigger picture? Was she really that self-involved?

The brunette—as she conversed with Max—found out more about Hawkins than she cared to admit. A whole entire conspiracy right under her nose and she'd been none the wiser. However, her interaction with Eleven was quite...peculiar for lack of better words. The shorter brunette physically appeared to have been to Hell and back, covered in faint scratches and bruises. Not to mention the expertly bandaged wound near her ankle and how perspiration coated her skin.

Instantly, when Magdalena's bright orbs met Eleven's gorgeous, deep chestnut-colored eyes, the older girl could sense exhaustion and trepidation, conjoining with bravery. Eleven sensed something else upon meeting Magdalena's eyes...something out of the ordinary. When witnessing Eleven stick her hand out harshly, Magdalena May presumed the action to be indicative of a handshake, but once her hand reached out as well to take the younger girl's, Magdalena was taken aback by how her hand was snatched into a rather tight hold. It didn't hurt. It was just unbelievably bizarre.