The bus driver's eyes widened, and he smiled awkwardly. "I-I can make an exception.." the driver tried, allowing Waddles onto the bus.

He happily oinked, hopping over to Dipper and Mabel at the back of the bus. The bus door's closed, Mabel and Dipper waving furiously at those on the outside as the bus started to move.

The mystery twins both had tears in their eyes, watching their friends and family dissapear. And then, Gravity Falls was out of view. And they were gone.

At least, that's how the story usually goes.

Not this time.

Let's rewind...

◀◀

{August 31st
Mystery Shack}

Almost the whole town of Gravity Falls was at Dipper and Mabel Pines' birthday party. Stan had gotten almost all of his memories back, and everyone was happy.

Just two days before, the Pines were facing off against Bill Cipher and his army. But they'd won that battle. Now they were having fun, a party of sorts. Even though Stan swore he'd never have another party at the Mystery Shack after the zombie incident. But here they were. Stan, Ford, Mabel, and Dipper standing up on the Mystery Shack porch, in front of the whole town. Or, almost the whole town.

There was a cake in front of Dipper and Mabel. A vanilla cake with pink and white icing. "Wow, I can't believe everyone did this for us all." Dipper chuckled, feeling slightly overwhelmed and nervous about being in front of everyone.

"Are you kidding? After everything you've done for us? This is the least we could do." Tyler Cutebiker, the town's mayor, spoke up, and everyone instantly cheered in agreement.

"Without you guys, I wouldn't have learned to become kinder. Less obsessive." Gideon shouted out from somewhere in the crowd, running and pushing his way through the crowd till the twins could see him.

"You dudes have made this the most exciting summer ever!" Soos cheered, getting up on the porch, ruffling both of the twins' hair affectionately.

"Go on, blow out your candles. Make a wish!" Lazy Susan urged, making everyone look at them in anticipation. Dipper and Mabel glanced at each other, smiling.

They both blew a candle out each, everyone cheering afterwards. "What'd you wish for?" Wendy asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

Dipper was the first to speak up. "Yknow, if you'd asked me that question at the beginning of this summer, I would've said adventure, mystery, and true friends." Dipper started, a warm look on his face. "Looking here at all of you, and thinking back on the summer, I realized that I already got all of my wishes." Dipper shrugged, smiling and putting his hands in the pockets of his vest.

"I would've wished to shrink all of you, and take you all home with me in my pocket. But that's impossible." Mabel paused, turning to Ford with a quizzical look. "Wait, that's impossible, right?" Mabel asked, tilting her head slightly.

Ford shrugged, making a 'Sort of' motion with his hand. Mabel turned back to the crowd. "Mostly impossible! So my only wish is for you all to sign my scrap book so I never forget you!" Mabel threw her hands up in the air, smiling.

Everyone clapped and cheered. Stan stepped up, smiling brightly and proudly. "Alright. Enough of all this sappy stuff. Let the celebration begin!" Stan's booming voice, and there was yet another chorus of yells and cheers and happy screams.

Music was put on, snacks were out out, and the party had started. No one was trying to think about the day to come, with Dipper and Mabel being forced to go home. No one wanted them to leave. Especially not Dipper and Mabel.