Frequently Asked Questions

When do the Language Awards start?

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

When do the Language Awards start?

The Language Awards begin on September 1.

Where can the prompts be found?

The prompts will be in the Prompts chapter, which will be published on September 1.

Do I have to follow a prompt for my submission?

Yes, choosing and following a prompt is mandatory in the Language Awards.

Can I submit something I have made before?

No, unfortunately, you can't. For the Language Awards, we challenge you to create a new story, poem, cover, illustration, or video.

Can I participate in more than one category?

Yes, you can! You can enter for as many awards as you like. We do try to choose as many different winners as possible, but cannot rule out the possibility that some may win multiple awards.

Does my submission have to be in English?

Your submission must be created in one of the following languages: Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Dutch, Filipino, French, Hindi, Portuguese, or Sinhala, or Thai. The only exception is for covers and videos. In these, English content is allowed.

I am not from India, can I still participate?

To participate in the Language Awards, there is only one hard requirement: you have to speak one of the previously mentioned languages. This means that as long as you master one of these languages, it does not matter where you are from! We encourage everyone to enter the Language Awards.

From when to when do the Language Awards run?

The Language Awards start on September 1, 2023, and all entries must be submitted by November 30, 2023. The results of the Language Awards will follow between January 5 and 7, 2024.

Can I add my entry to an existing book/existing collection?

For the Language Awards, we ask participants to post a new book. Entries posted on Wattpad before September 1 will not be judged. However, if you plan to post several short stories, you are free to post them in one book (which may then only contain entries for the Language Awards). Please note that some prizes may not be awarded if your story is part of a collection.

Can I use more than one prompt?

Yes. Feel free to put them together however you like. When the time comes to submit your entry via the form, choose the prompt that is most relevant to your entry, or, if they are equally relevant, the one that appears first/most in your entry.

Can I change the prompt slightly? For example, the gender of my character, the setting, or some other specific detail?

It is allowed to change the prompt details to better suit your submission. As long as it is clear to the judges based on which prompt you are writing your story.

I am writing a prequel/sequel to an existing story. Is this allowed?

Yes. We welcome continuations to a series! Keep in mind though that prequels/sequels can be tricky. The story should be able to be read as a standalone with a clear beginning, middle, and end.

Can I make my submission together with a friend?

Yes. However, we ask that co-created entries are only submitted by one account. The user who published the co-created submission on their profile will be the one contacted for any prizes. In case a co-created submission gets a shout-out, both contributors will be named.

Can my submission contain adult content?

Yes, adult content is allowed. Just make sure your story follows the Wattpad content guidelines.

Is this contest sponsored by Wattpad headquarters?

This contest is organised, managed, and judged in its entirety by a team of Ambassadors consisting of users who volunteer their free time to Wattpad. The Language Awards is not affiliated with Wattpad or its employees. If Wattpad chooses to recognise entries in this competition at any time, that is entirely Wattpad's choice. This does not affect the choice regarding the winners of this competition of the Language Awards team in any way.

Are the judges professional/affiliated with HQ or its employees?

See above. We are volunteers who spend our free time judging your amazing stories. We are not affiliated with Wattpad HQ or its employees.

Do you have another question for us? Let us know in the comments!

Language Awards 23जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें