Stand

At school, Valerie and Raven were talking nonstop about life. Raven invited Valerie to a party that a boy from the all boys school invited her to. "Hey, do you want to go to this party? It is a party from a guy named Garrets 16th birthday party." she continues. "I need you there, all my new friends are kind of dicks..." She ends. As Valerie wants to continue, she just nods her head knowing that it's going to end in awkward romance. "I hope 'it' happens" Valerie whispers to herself under her breath.(authors note: not seggs, just kissing) Valerie and Raven eat and talk at lunch about EVERYTHING. (barely even eating) Even though they both know how they feel about each other, which makes it really awkward.

_________________________________________

Vlalerie's Diary

August 21, 2023

While we talk, I daydream about making out at the party. I really like her but she DEFINITELY doesn't like me back. I feel really bad that I am making her life harder. What if I put her on a lot of peer pressure on her. I feel so bad if I'm being desperate because I don't want to limit my chances with her. I am being really clingy and annoying to her and she seems kind of annoyed. What if I am just overthinking. She probably likes me back. Right? UGH I'll just make a move and see how it goes.

__________________________________________

During the party

    Raven got a ride with Valeries mom (Mrs. Larson) and Valerie. While in the car they sat quietly listening to the music playing in the background. They were both staring into the abyss waiting for each other to make a move, even if Valerie's mom was in the car. When they arrive Mrs. Larson shouts "Be home at 10:00!!!" "MOoOooOM" Valerie grunts as they get up to the door of an gigantic building. Raven gets pulled into the crowd with her teammates from basketball, mouthing the word "help!" as a joke signaling that she has to leave Valerie for a bit. After a while, Valerie and Raven find each other in the bathroom. "heYyY" Raven starts, obviously drunk, "Oh my god, hi..." Valerie replies, slightly worried. "WannA go SoMe.... WhErE?" Raven asks without thinking. Valerie nods, a bit tilted because of Ravens little hover. They run up to a random room on the top floor, where nobody can be seen, in a room where they can be alone. Valerie mumbles "I like you.. romantically" She continues. "And I understand if you don't want to be friends! I just wanted to tell you when you were drunk so you might fo-" Raven stops her by kissing her. They kiss for a bit, then stop for Raven to start talking, "Valerie,-" Raven gets interrupted by a faint shout from one of her friends. "Raven! I just want to talk dude, why are you hiding?" Her teammate, Jillian states. (Jillian is Garret's twin sister) Raven quickly storms out, scared they might catch her kissing Valerie, A.K.A. outing herself. "There you are!" Jillian grants. "Jillian, I don't want to be around you right now, why are you trying?" "I just want to see how your doing in the place my parents rented for the party!" "It's nice, I'm just gonna go look for someone." Raven rushes, going back where she came from to find Valerie upset. Valerie notices Raven and immediately storms out of the room, obviously hiding her tears.

_________________________________________

The next morning

    Valerie wakes up to her alarm, getting ready for the day. All of the sudden there is a knock at the door, and then a quick ring. "I'll get it!" Valerie says, kind of hoping it's not Raven, because of last night. She opens it, unsurprisingly finding Raven at the door soaking in the rain, and breathing heavily. Valerie quickly pulls her in, "Did you not check the weather on your way?" "... I guess I didn't think of that" Raven chuckles. Mrs. Larson barges in "Raven! Hello!" Obviously hiding her anger. "Raven was just uhm... dropping off a sweater I left at her place!" Valerie comes up with a random excuse, running to her room with Raven following after. "I'm sorry- you were probably pressured about kissing me because of my dumb rant about... y'know. I can't tell my parents either because their beliefs say that I will go to hell!" Raven shouts "Valeri-" but Valerie continues to rant until Raven grabs her and kisses her, so she stops. "... Oh my god" Raven continues plopping on to the bed. "I'm so sorry." She stops for a bit. "I just... I just think I'm having a proper full on gay-crisis!" she adds. "Raven, don't say that. It will be okay! You just need time." They hug for a little as Raven cries.