Chapter 3: Run In

Start from the beginning

For real? It feels like Kawaki might be outside the village at this point! Boruto thought to himself.

"Hey, Kawaki, what're you thinking!?" Boruto shouted at his "brother". "It's too risky! Come back!"

"Quit making a fuss. Listen, don't you dare interfere, Boruto," Kawaki replied calmly.

Boruto ran to the window. He sung it open and got the attention of the watcher. "Hey, you! Are you monitoring our chakra!? You better not be spacing out!" Boruto shouted.

"H-Huh?" The watcher was evidently confused.

"Kawaki's broken out! He's pretty far away! Can't you sense him!?" Boruto continued shouted.

"I know your movements. I'm tracking your chakra at all times," the watcher reassured. "Don't bother lying. I know you're both in that room."

"Gah! Forget it!" Boruto said, running back inside. He ran past the clone Kawaki, who watched his every move.

***

Code, with his hand up to his ear, continued jumping on tree after tree.

"A little more to the right," Eida instructed. "That's it. Now keep going straight."

"All this just for your little boyfriend, Big Sis?" Miyuki questioned, taking Daemon off of the oldest of the cyborg siblings.

"Ah, darling, you don't understand anything about love. You're too young," Eida said, blushing.

"Shut up," Code interrupted. "It's been a long time since we last saw each other. What should we talk about first?"

Miyuki sighed. "You know, I'll never understand the concept of love or boys in general," she said, ruffing her sleeping brother's hair.

***

Boruto ran down the stairs and into the kitchen in a panic. "Dad! Kawaki's vanished!"

"Huh? What's that?" Naruto inquired, confused.

"I dunno why, but he ran off! We gotta go after him!" Boruto shouted.

"Run off? But that can't be," Naruto brushed him off.

"I'm serious! I think he's erasing his chakra. That's why the Sensory Unit guy had noticed!" Boruto shouted.

Naruto and Boruto headed outside to meet the watcher. "Hey, Nishi! You're monitoring Kawaki's chakra, right?" the blonde male questioned.

"Good evening, Lord Seventh," Nishi greeted. "All is good. Both your son and Kawaki are in the residence."

"It's a shadow double-ganger!" Boruto announces, running over. "A decoy! The actual Kawaki's on the run with his chakra erased. He's likely beyond the village by now!"

"Nishi! Widen your range and see carefully," Naruto ordered. "Have other unit members assist. And notify Shikamaru as well."

"Gah," Kawaki groaned in the room as he disappeared.

***

The real Kawaki continued jumping away. "Darn that Boruto. Mind your own business," Kawaki told himself. Kawaki's eyes shifted behind him, seeing Code approching fast. "CODE!!"