Pre-Kira Investigation {1976-1997}

Start from the beginning

Levi finds a pendant of his name which appears to be broken and believes that his real name is L. Lawliet. He is eventually found by Mr. Wammy and brought to the Wammy House, but not without meeting his real father, Ethan who strangles L after meeting him, but is stopped by Mr. Wammy. He tries to search for L's remaining family members as it is believed that Lorraine is dead, but they don't want anything to do with him. This leaves L heartbroken. Seeing L like this, Mr. Wammy tells him that he will take care of him and brings him to the Wammy House. 

Lorraine's whereabouts and status is unknown. It is believed that the kidnappers had either kept her as their sex slave or they had killed her. It is quite possible that Lorraine is still alive, but the chances are 50/50. 

LATE SEPTEMBER 1984

Sachiko becomes pregnant again.

Q4 1984

Rester finds out that his first wife, Veronica has been cheating on him with another man. He fakes a pregnancy reveal on camera only to show his family that she had committed adultery on him.  

JANUARY 20, 1985

Celeste Monroe is born to Jose and his wife, Jess. 

FEBRUARY 13, 1985

At work, Anthony meets an African-American woman named Nia Cooney. 

FEBRUARY 18, 1985

Sayuri dies after battling pneumonia for a month. This deeply upsets Naoya, Soichiro, and their other children as well. Sayuri's death saddens Light as well.

MARCH 16, 1985

John Alexander is born to Pamela and Stewart Alexander.

JUNE 18, 1985

Sachiko gives birth to a baby girl. She and her husband named her Sayu in honor of Sayuri Yagami.

NOVEMBER 11, 1985 (VETERAN'S DAY)

Cheri and Oz get married at the age of 24. Cheri changes her name to Cheri Monroe after she marries Oz.

DECEMBER 13, 1985

Miheal Keehl a.k.a Mello is born to Taylor and Marcel Keehl.

FEBRUARY 1, 1986

Mail Jeevus is born.

FEBRUARY 17, 1986

Anthony and Nia get married.

FEBRUARY 22, 1986

Sharon gets married to a man named Don McLaughlin and changes her name to Sharon McLaughlin.

MARCH 12, 1986

Christy Grim is born to Bud and Tabitha Grim.

SEPTEMBER OF 1986

Cherri gets pregnant. She and Isaac couldn't be happier to become parents.

SUMMER 1986

The Wammy House is relocated to Arlington, TX a week after Mr. Wammy received death threats.

SEPTEMBER 12, 1986

Nia gives birth to her first-born daughter, Nova. 

SEPTEMBER 29, 1986

Kaito befriends Terrance McCoy after he defends them from bullies. Thanks to the bullies, they both miss the bus home. They had no choice but to walk home. Terrance lived a few blocks away from Kaito's house so he didn't have a problem walking home. Unfortunately, a guy in a ski mask snatches him and throws him in the back of the van. The man threatened to kill him before tying him up and putting tape on his mouth. Kaito is brought to the base fearing that he would be sold into human trafficking or killed. That's when a man in a Spider-Man costume bursts in and saves Kaito. He is reunited with his foster family.