"Hello, I'm Tohru Honda! It's wonderful to meet you! I didn't know that Yuki had a sister! It's so amazing! And you're so pretty! What is your favorite food? I can make it tomorrow night! And-" 

Kyo cuts her off. "Won't ya quit yappin'? She just walked in the door! Let her actually say hi before you start questioning her!" Tohru blushes and steps back, bowing in apology.

"AHHH! You're right Kyo! I'm sorry Kasumi! Of course you want to settle in!"

I pause, my mouth dropping open a little, not exactly sure how to respond. Before I can formulate an answer, Shigure ushers me to the empty spot next to my brother and quickly disappears into his office. So much for the tour of the house, I guess. I should have known better. "It's no problem, Tohru. It's nice to meet you too," I finally replied, smiling softly, "And yes. Hard to believe, but I exist! Thank you, and my favorite food is rice balls, preferably with salmon." 

Kyo jumps up and threw his fist in the air. "Finally, someone who shares my taste in foods lives here!" 

"Kyo! You already knew that! You were the one who introduced me to them!" I counter, smirking a bit.

"Ah, whatever. At least I have an excuse to eat them more!"

I notice while he's talking that Yuki seemed to get more and more annoyed. He's looking down at the table with a hint of a grimace. "Um... Yuki?" 

He jumps a little as I say his name, and looks over to me. "Yes, Kasumi?"

"Are you alright? You seem frustrated." 

He looks surprised. "No, of course not. You know Kyo and I just don't get along. That's all."

He was just talking... But they really didn't get along when we were younger. They have gotten better.... "Alright. Just making sure."

The table falls silent. I guess no one had anything to say. After a few second of the silence, Hatori slips in to say goodbye, with Shigure in tow. "Oh my! Does this silence mean that my house actually isn't getting torn to pieces?" Shigure muses, "My, my, Kyo! What have you done to everyone to make them speechless?"

 "What the hell was that for?! You sound like that dumb rabbit!"

"Kyooo! So mean!"

"ME?! What about you?" 

Their conversation is going nowhere, but Torhu leans closer to me from across the table and shoots me a Momiji-worthy smile. "Kasumi, would you like to help me make lunch?" She asks, "If we have the ingredients, you can pick one of your favorite dishes for us to make for tonight's dinner!"

We walk into the kitchen as Shigure walks Hatori to the car after our goodbyes, leaving Kyo and Yuki in the sitting room. Unfortunately, after the little dispute, Yuki was not in a good mood.

"Stupid cat. She just walked in and you're already picking fights."

"I didn't pick a fight! Shigure did, ya damn rat!"

"It doesn't matter." Yuki said, glaring at Kyo. "The point is, maybe we should try to get along for the first few weeks she's here."

Kyo scowls, and glares over at Yuki. "Why should I?! We didn't when Tohru came, and Kasumi is actually family!"

"You should, precisely because she's family. You know better than I do how long she was kept in the main house. She was in there more than any of us!"

Kyo was silent for a moment. "Dammit, why do ya gotta be so technical?! Just be normal. Don't make her think you're someone you're not, ya damn rat. You, more than any of us. You're her brother." He jumps up and storms upstairs, heading for the roof.

"I'm so sorry we don't have many ingredients to work with tonight. I'll be sure to go to the store tomorrow for more! I know miso isn't Kyo's favorite food, but he's fine with it as soup, so I was planning to make miso soup to go along with curry. What do you think?" 

"Well, in all honesty, I agree with Kyo in this situation. I'm not very fond of miso..."

Tohru's face fills with shock and embarrassment. "OH! I'm so sorry! Are you alright with curry? I can make something else!"

"Don't worry about that. I'm fine with miso soup, and I love curry!" Gosh, I'm sounding like Kyo..... I guess that's what I get for hanging out with him and Kagura so much when we were little. Tohru's face lights up like a little kid.

"Really?! That's exactly what Kyo thinks!" I feel my face heat up and look away. Ahhhhh... she noticed.

"Yeah, well we spent a lot of time together, along with Kagura, when we were little. So... I guess that explains it."

"That's really-" Suddenly, she is cut off by the sound of Kyo arguing with Yuki.

"I didn't pick a fight! Shigure did ya damn rat!" After that, we just hear mumbling from the two of them. Tohru just smiled.

"They're always fighting, though not as much as they did when I arrived." Make that not as much as they EVER did.

"So, Tohru, what ingredients do you need? I can help as much as you'd like!"