4. The Damage

ARNAV COULD NOT ASSESS THE SITUATION AND DECIDED TO JUST LEAVE FOR THE TIME BEING. HE DID NOT REALISE THE DAMAGE HE WOULD DO TO THE SOUL WHOM HE IS TRYING TO PROTECT. HE KNEW THAT RUNNING AWAY IS NOT THE SOLUTION BUT AT THIS MOMENT HE COULD NOT THINK OF A BETTER OPTION. HE THOUGHT TO GIVE HIMSELF AND KHUSHI A BREAK FROM THE CHAOS. ON THE OTHER SIDE KHUSHI WAS UNCONSCIOUS AND STILL MUMBLING ARNAV'S NAME.

GUPTA HOUSE
Payal was sitting beside Khushi and silently crying seeing her sister in this situation. She couldn't do anything for her sister. She was feeling helpless. Aakash on the other side had put bauji to sleep and was now consoling buaji and garima. It was a long day for everyone. And finally after various efforts he was able to put everyone to sleep. Now it was just Aakash snd Payal who were sitting in the lounge and having tea. They wanted to clear the misunderstanding between Arshi. After having a discussion, Aakash left for Shantivan to bring the essentials for Patal as she wanted to stay with Khushi for a few days.

KHUSHI'S ROOM
Khushi was lying unconscious in her room and shivering. She was getting the flashbacks of the day in her sleep. Her eyes were watering and lips mumbling just one name "Arnav". Payal was constantly trying to comfort her but all she needed was her Arnavji.

SHANTIVAN
Nani and Anjali reached home and went directly towards Arnav's room in a hope that he would have returned by now, but found the room empty. They both sighed and prayed to the god for fhe safety and well-being of both Arnav and Khushi. Shyam took both of them to their rooms and requested them to taje a nap so that they all can find the solution to this problem with a clear mind. Both nani and anjali agreed and went to their rooms to take rest.

It was all dark and silent when Arnav entered the house. He was not used to such unusual silence in the house. And specially after Khushi had entered in his life, silence was the last thing he would expect in his house. He started feeling awkward. All the flashes started coming again and he desperately wanted to see Khushi now. He wanted to know how she is. He ignored his desires and discomfort, and frustratedly started walking towards his room and bolted the room.

ANJALI'S ROOM
Anjali was trying to get some sleep but all the events didn't let her. She cried hard for her mother and cursed her father for destroying two innocent lives. Her curses tripled when she realised that one mistake of her father has ruined a happy relationship of her beloved brother and Khushi. The flashes of Khushi's condition made her cry even more. She started getting angry on Arnav for leaving behind Khushi. Immediately, she realised that Arnav was still not traceable. She thought to once check in his room. She badly wanted to confront him and make him realise his mistakes. She hurriedly came out of the room and went towards Arnav's room. She tried to open the door and realised that the room is locked from inside, which meant Arnav was back. She knocked the door until Arnav opened it.

ARNAV'S ROOM
Arnav came to the pool side and started reminiscing the moments with khushi and his mother. He was still not in agreement with his own decision of leaving behind his love. He knew that Khushi is an important part of his life now but he felt that he would deceive his mother by allowing Khushi to be her daughter in law. He was amidst all the thoughts when Anjali knocked the door. First he ignored the knocks but later when Anjali did not stop, he opened the door.
As soon as the door opened, Anjali who was very angry on her brother turned worried seeing his state. Arnav looked all shattered. She had never seen her brother in this state. Even when there parents died, Arnav stood strong and managed the things despite being a teen himself. But today, she could see a shattered kid who had lost everything. Anjali controlled herself and did what she came to him for. She started confronting Arnav for leaving his bride alone at the alter.
Arnav, who already had made up his mind to not give this relationship another chance, did not give any ears to her. He didn't want to change his mind so he rather told Anjali his decision of going to Mumbai. He explained how he will never be able to give Khushi a respect of wife knowing that she is the daughter of a woman who took away their mother. Anjali tried hard to explain to Arnav but it was life she is talking to the walls. Arnav didn't listen to anything and asked Anjali to leave his alone. He locked door and started packing for Mumbai.

To be continued...