But as much as I'd love to think that everything I felt toward Angelina was just attraction, a part of me didn't believe that, cause a lot of shit didn't make sense, the way I'd stare at her talking about her dream years ago, of becoming a model, that sparkle in her eyes was unmatchable.

It's concerning that I still remember the exact moment, the way her face would brighten up when she'd realize that I brought her sour patches, I missed her.

But I didn't want her back as my friend, I wanted her as mine, my woman, my person.

Every time I try to think of how I should approach the topic of the fact that we drifted apart, the fact that I failed her, something always stops me, every single time.

It's the possibility of her not understanding why I did it even after I tell her my story.

And that, I'm sure it'll fucking break me, but what I'm doing right now is that I'm pushing her limits so that she realizes that I'm not giving up on what I want, on her, until I'm ready to accept even the sickening possibility of her rejecting me after that.

And I just hope that she doesn't kill me when she realizes that it's not necessary for me to bring a girlfriend to my father's events, that's the only way Angelina will agree to be a mile away from me, willingly.

He wanted a girlfriend for the sake of her being the mere attention of people and to show the partnership between my father and hers, but if I tell him that she didn't approve, life will move on peacefully.

But It can also help her with her image on social media since she's only known as being the daughter of the owner of Arctic. Tech's Company, she wants to be known as herself,

I don't even realize how long I stare at the wall in front of me, thoughts racing in my mind until Angelina's presence startles them away, coming into view, her tall frame filling the room.

Harsh eyes glaring at me, a teasing smile tugs at my lips at the sigh, Her hair is wet, falling down her shoulders like a gown, and a towel is wrapped across her body reaching her knees, beautiful as always. She arches a brow after what seems like an eternity of just staring.

"Isn't it obvious that I'm not content with your presence?" She questions, bluntly, flat out, color me surprised but with her, I always see this coming, shame, she'll need to up her methods if she thinks that'll push me away.

"It is." I reply nonchalantly, shrugging, she narrows her eyes ever so slightly the action is almost undetectable, "Maybe you should leave then." She gestures at the door, a spark glistening in her eyes as she takes another step toward me.

I cross my ankles, leaning back in my seat and getting comfortable, "You think so?" I'm just playing along to piss her off, I bet she's aware, my point is instantly proven right when she curses and strolls towards the kitchen, not bothering with our conversation.

This is going well then.

She huffs out a breath of frustration and I turn at the scene, she looks pissed, staring down at her phone as she pours a cup of milk, just milk, and she says I'm boring, Jesus, I smirk, victory rushing through my body since I'm hundred percent sure I'm indirectly the reason behind her frustration.

"They'll be late a bit, Angel." The nickname used to sound clingy as fuck to me when I heard anyone say it, but her name is quite literally Angelina, it's made for her, and well, since I've been uttering it to her, all the hatred towards it vanished from my body.

That says a lot about me and I hate it.

She turns, full-on, eyes glazing with fire as her smartass mind connects the dots in seconds, "What did you tell them?" She asks under her breath, pinching her eyes momentarily to calm herself, I noticed her and Elias doing that a lot when they're angry.

Tried it once, and ended up almost going blind, let's just say that those psychological techniques are not for me,

I don't give her an answer and she strolls out of the kitchen, eyebrow arched as she drops beside me on the couch, still in that goddam towel that's barely covering her, I force my gaze upward but the fire in her eyes isn't helping with the heat flooding my body.

No shit, "Will you give me an answer or am I wasting my time?" She gets to the point and my smile widens, "You're never wasting your time with me, Lina, I can show you how to use every single second in great ways, you're just not letting me." I arch a brow.

Explaining calmly, "Yeah? And how will you show me?" She leans back, her eyes full of mocking, it's laughable, "In the bed, you and me, Two hours of heaven." I let out the words Casually, she looks unimpressed.

"More like two seconds." She shoots right back and I grin, genuinely, that might be the only thing we're on the same page with, she matches my energy, "Possibly." I joke.

But her face sobers up, starting to grow more serious as her lips thin in a disappointed line, "You're proving my exact point." She lets out a low bitter laugh, Confusion rattles through my body but I keep my expression the same.

"And what is it?" I ask under my breath as I stare at her, "That you're not different than every single guy around here, you're all the same." I don't like the whole 'all men are shit' stuff, but I also understand that it doesn't arise from nothing.

No person wakes up and decides that they hate all men and that they're all the same, Something happened to lead to this conclusion, with Angelina, I don't know, that's the biggest issue.

But a sickening thought keeps revolving around my mind that maybe I'm the reason behind her statement, No.

She then walks away towards her room without another word, leaving me once again, with a clouded mind full of thoughts, but the only outcome from this process is that I'm sure that any possibility of stepping back from this situation just vanished.

I want her back, in my life, in my heart.

A vote is really appreciated 🩷