Monday; A Thin Line

♫₊˚.🎧 playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4aajH2eade16PQU7jS6YpK?si=85a0b955355d4eed

Ding!

Doors from the elevator swing open. The bright smile that Rain was wearing drops as soon as his eyes caught a familiar figure inside the vehicle, Phayu.

Basing from his fresh aura, he seemed to have only arrived a few minutes ago. Phayu's laptop bag draped on his shoulder, a black coat under it, his tight necktie and polo — perhaps, the company's preferred clothes whenever they needed to report to the office.

Rain, having no choice but to get in, sighed heavily and shook his head. Out of all days of running into him, it really had to be the first day of the week, Monday. He steps in, immediately occupying the other corner, keeping all the distance he could make between him and Phayu. He takes a quick glance on the buttons in front, almost reaching out to press it — only to see it already lit up. Seems like Phayu was going to the same flo— Ah, right, his office and his stall belong to the same floor, how could he forget.

Rain's morning was so great, it didn't just had to end that quick just because he had to be in one closed place with Phayu? The universe was against him today, he thought, and he knew today will never get any better at all.

The silence was too loud, the elevator music played like it had no end at all, and Rain felt like they were stuck in a cell for years already. He wanted to get off so bad.

"Good morning, Rain." Phayu breaks the silence, at least he wanted to come into terms that he wanted to break the wall Rain built around him that were against Phayu. He never really understood why he avoids him. The latter never really tried to respond back, just complete silence.

"I said, good~ morning~" And still, no response. Phayu scoffed, "Oh? No good morning back? Okay, fine by me." He mumbled under his breath with a little shrug. But he tries again, his hopes still at its highest. "Y'know what? I always wondered why you avoid me." Phayu joked, glancing at him, eyes running from head to toe, like a predator examining his prey. He loved teasing him.

Rain was taken back, he swore he tried to not make it obvious all the while at work — well of course except now that there was no way he could think of an excuse. But he guesses, in Phayu's defense, he could sense it— "No I don't. I just don't feel like talking." Rain spoke out, avoiding eye contact, keeping a straight face, watching the numbers on the monitor changed. He tried to crawl out to an escape to this topic.

Until the numbers on the small screen just stopped, a creaking sound echoing that causes the elevator to shake a little. Almost losing balance, Rain had held onto the railings near him. "Shit, shit, shit. Are you fucking kidding me?!" He curses. As soon as he had gotten back on his feet, he struck forward to the buttons and pressed all the buttons he could to get the elevator move or, to get it to work, or at least to call for help. "Today's a fucking joke." He added, how can it get better anyways, right?

Phayu watches, calm, all gathered, but soon stepped forward and tried to do his part on trying to get the elevator to work, if it really works. "We seem to be...stuck. Don't worry, they'll come and get us soon." He assures, giving some hope to the other who seemed to have fallen hysteric. "This is completely normal. Yeah. It's been happening for years you, don't have to worry about much." He adds, at least to calm Rain down who had stood at the uttermost corner of the space they were in.

Rain tried to contact emergency hotlines not seconds after being calmed down. A sigh echoes, Phayu only shaking his head and chuckling. "Nope, that's not gonna work either. No service in here." He adds. And Rain just sighed, a heavy one to be precise. He hates it in there, he just wants to get out.