"Sorry, that was Charles." Lando laughed awkwardly. "But I have to hang up now, speak later?"

"Sure."

When Lando hung up, I sighed. The conversation didn't really go smoothly as it was before. Probably because Charles thought it was the girl he met.

-

IT WAS pretty weird getting a text the next day from Charles

IT WAS pretty weird getting a text the next day from Charles. I wouldn't normally text someone to apologize for coming in on a normal phone call. But it's sweet.

I made a promise to myself to open up for more friendships, so hanging out with Charles is one. I found out, he lives in Monaco just like Lando. Most of the f1 drivers live in Monaco, for taxes and stuff. But he was born there.

A knock echoed trough my apartment. Olivia was coming over to cook and help me find a job I actually like to pursue.

"It's freezing outside." Was the first thing Olivia said when she walked in.

"I know, I hate it." My response was.

Olivia took of her shoes and jacket. I was already putting every ingrediënt on the kitchen island, waiting for Olivia to come. Our plan was to make some pasta bolognese and drink lots of red wine tonight. Olivia came into the kitchen washing her hands and then she connected her playlist with my speakers. Poor neighbors...

"Okay, let's open this bottle and talk jobs." I say, opening the bottle of red wine earning a "hell yeah." From Olivia.

We started cutting the vegetables while singing to the music on the background.

"You want two things right? The surgical side and a house designer. Two of the most different things ever." She laughed.

"I know. I'm leaning more towards the house designer." I say -putting the cut vegetables into a bowl. "Medicine takes so long to study and studying for interior designer is so much easier."

"That's it! Choose that."

I grabbed the pack or pasta and put it into a pan with boiling water. In a other pan was the vegetables already. When those were cooked for a little, I put in tomato sauce and some cream.

"You know. You and that boy from the concert would look good together."

"Ha! Definitely not. He already met a girl this week and were just friends. Even his friend Charles interrupted our call thinking I was that other girl."

"Oh, that sucks." Olivia responded, she started to clean up the mess she made. I was waiting for the pasta to be cooked and the sauce.

"And how does this Charles look?" She asked curiously.

I grabbed my phone and searched for his instagram profile. Olivia scrolled trough the pictures on my phone while I took a chug of my wine. Olivia was already on her second and I needed to catch up.

"He's good looking." Olivia says. "Hey, he texted you a couple of minutes ago."

I immediately straightened my back. He texted me already, what does he have to say?

"Lando and my other friends are off with their girlfriends, while I'm alone watching a boring series." Olivia reads the text message.

Olivia starts typing.

"NO, don't!" I yell trying to get my phone, but she turned her back to me.

Eventually I manage to get my phone but the damage is already done. Olivia just send a text to Charles saying: I'm making pasta and drinking wine, were both very boring.

"Why did you call him boring?" I ask a bit agitated. I quickly try to text him but he was quicker.

"I'm free next week to hang out. What day is best for you?" I read his text to Olivia. She had a big smirk on her face. I know she was enjoying this, I'm horrible texting with boys when I don't know them properly. I felt anxious just thinking about it and know I am really text a boy.

"Just say a random day, you don't have anything next week."

"Gee thanks for reminding me I barely have job." I laughed sarcastically.

I text him back saying I was free on Tuesday. He responded with a simple okay and I went back to my night of drinking wine and eating dinner.

It felt good finally choosing a purpose to pursue and finally making more contacts. I'm very introverted but with the right people it changes. I still have to find out how it would be with Charles.

Lando and Charles are completely different from each other and I already knew him from the concert. Charles was there too with the group but I didn't speak with him.

The night ended up with Olivia and me absolutely drunk and falling asleep on my couch watching some boring movie.

-
Two posts in one day!! Just because I forgot to post so long. Please vote and comment <3

Hope I enjoyed this chapter
xo