0: chaos

[my head hurts and it's literally midnight... but here you go :) ]

---

---

"𝑴𝑨𝑰, 𝑾𝑯𝒀 𝑫𝑰𝑫 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑷𝑼𝑻 𝑴𝑬 𝑰𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑵!!"

Maki yelled into her microphone as her character got stuck inside the pizza ovens, burning, while Mai's character stood in front of her, watching. Mai erupted in laughter from her side and jumped. "Your fault for going afk and leaving your room open," she answered back, seemingly unbothered.

"Maki, get in the box, I'm going to deliver you to Okkotsu's house," Nobara said from her side, as her, Yuji, and Megumi's characters stood on the pizza tables, throwing them on the floor and cooking them. "She can't fit there, idiot," Megumi responded while his character danced on the table with Yuji.

The room's chaos died down when the manager walked into the room. Clad in a full black suit, her voice chat muted. Once it turned on, everyone knew it was over. "ITADORI, FUSHIGURO! WHY ARE YOU DANCING ON THE TABLE WHEN THERE ARE CUSTOMERS WAITING?!" Your voice rang out across the room to the other players.

"It's not that deep." Megumi walked up to you, jumped onto your head, and danced. 'The manager has put you back to work,' instantly read on Megumi's screen. Followed after was Yuji and Nobara, who were sent back to their supply rooms. In the room remained Mai, Maki, and you.

"Mai, why are you putting random players in the oven?" You stood in front of the oven, watching Maki's avatar still burning while struggling to get out. Mai laughed from her side and turned her avatar to face you. "That's not a random person; that's my twin."

"YOU HAVE A TWIN?!" You yelled out while jumping around in excitement. "You never knew? I mean, it's literally in my username..."

"C'mon, we barely talk in real life; how the heck should I know?" You grumbled. "Whatever, I'm leaving; text me on the gram," she said before her character popped off the screen along with her username.

"MAI, YOU IDIOT, LET ME OUT!!" Maki yelled out while her character glitched around. You opened the oven and let her character escape. "Finally! I'm go- Wait, you're not Mai...?"

"No shit."

"Who are you?" Her character stopped jumping around and stood on top of your head. You cleared your throat through the microphone and smirked in real life. "I'm [Nickname],you?"

"Maki."

You noticed her pleasant voice sound through her microphone. Your smirk turned into a slightly flustered smile, and you stayed silent for a moment. Maki wondered what was with the silence all of a sudden, so she waited for you to say something.

"Oh? I never knew Mai had a twin... nice avatar, by the way," you commented on her attractive character. Green hair, short hair, circular glasses, a cool black tank top that revealed what appeared to be burn scars, a pair of baggy jeans, and no shoes. As for the body, she had a blocky woman's body and the face of a woman.

"Are you one of Mai's real-life friends by any chance?"

"Uh-huh, we go to the same school, but I barely talk to her since she's in a completely different class than mine," you explained. "Oh? So you go to Shibuya High School then?" She questioned. You hummed in response while leaning back in your gaming chair. "Yeah, I do... I'm in class 3GS."

"What? That's the class next to mine! But I've never seen you in any lessons."

"Probably because you don't know what I look like..."

"Touché."

"Anyway, this might be random... but drop your IG so I could talk to you outside this game." You asked nervously, all while hoping she'd agree. Maki was hesitant for a moment, considering that she was giving out information to someone she had just met. But then she remembered that you weren't random at all.

"Fine, check your private chats."

Maki gave you her account, and without wasting any time, you went to stalking her without hesitation. Maki was still in the game, talking to Nobara while packing pizza boxes, as you were busy scrolling through your feed before deciding to go to her account.

"GOD DAMN!" You yelled out loud, gaining the two's attention. Your jaw dropped to the floor once you got a look at her face. She looked just as stunning as you imagined her to be. "Maki! Let's get married!"

"Uhm... What?"

"You're so fine! Oh my Gosh!" You looked into the screen to see her avatar facing yours while Nobara laughed in the distance.

"Thanks...?"

"No! I'm not even joking..." Your eyes sparkled at her beauty. She was too good to be true! Silky dark sea-weed green hair that was tied back into a ponytail while she left bangs to hang onto her forehead. Her pretty golden eyes glistened along with the sunlight that was cast by the picture. You couldn't take your eyes off the picture for a second.

Her beauty was ethereal.

---