02

It has been a few weeks since Niko had first came into the hospital. And since then I haven't been able to stay away from his room.

There's just something about him that makes me want to see him more.

Finally getting out of my daze I hear Clara talking about people getting asked to the Jellyfish Jam, the famous school dance.

"I love how extra they are with it though. I mean that shows how much the person really cares no?" I replied to Clara.

"Yes i'm very sure honey." Clara said as we saw a paper fly into our table. Kai picked it up repeating a beat of numbers it said on the paper.

A Jellyfish Jam proposal.

A huge band appeared at our house and a girl asking Kai if he would go with her to the dance. With him kindly declining, he mentioned wanting so ask someone else.

"So when did my Stephanie catch your heart." Brian Patrick asked. "What how did you know?"

"It's obvious Kai, you have been acting so differently around her lately." I interrupted Kai.

"Well yeah i've liked her for a while and wanted to ask her to the dance." he explained.

As both Brian Patrick and Kai were arguing over Steph, Lahela finally disagreed with them both about not having a chance with the girl.

"I completely agree with you Lahela. You both are just a no. Sorry" I shrugged.

"So you think it's too late?" Kai asked with sadness in his eyes and me and Lahela both sighed.

                                    ♥︎🝮𖧷☼♥︎

Walking into the lobby Clara stopped me. "I normally don't do this for anyone but I know how much of an amazing assistant you are to Lahela so here you go Mackenzie." she explained while giving me a "Co-captain " pin. Smiling at it I gave her a hug.

Bumping into Lahela in the halls getting ready to meet Niko I noticed her pin. "No way. Captain?" I asked excitedly and she nodded. "Co-captain?" I nodded as well. As we both squealed we went into Nikos room.

"How you feeling Niko?" I asked. "Proud. I over heard both my Doctor and assistant got the captain and co-captain pin." he smiled towards me.

"Yeah yeah." "No I mean it. But can you both handle it?" he asked. "Obviously we are both the best of the best." I said to him.

"Really? I've seen people three times your age crack under the pressure." his reply left me rolling my eyes.

"Anyways Nico, you have a bone marrow biopsy in two days, so make sure to get some rest. We have some cancer to beat" Lahela said.

"Not a problem I can mess with the both of you in my sleep." he replied with letting Lahela leave.

"You dork." I said giggling. "What you think i'm lying?" he said with a smirk.

  "Get some rest Niko." I said rolling my eyes with a smile as I left the room.

                                  ♥︎🝮𖧷☼♥︎

Making my second round to Nikos room to make sure everything was perfect he noticed I was back.

  "Wow either you are really nervous about this co-captain stuff or somebody has a crush on me." the boy sang the last part.

"Yeah no. I'm not into that relationship stuff." I gave him a look. "You know you want me Mackenzie." Changing the subject I started getting stuff ready for Lahela before she came.