Backstage

"Y/N" He would say.

You looked up and there he was. He was looking at himself through the full sized mirror, examining every inch of himself. You did too. Respectfully.

"Y/N" He repeated. "My cape; do you think you could help me adjust it?"

Lyney. Your Lyney.

Was looking at you through the mirror.

Was he yours?

You couldn't tell. Here, it felt like he was.

"Sure," you replied with the most certainty. You casually walked towards him as he spun around to face you. You reached for his collar, starting off with clipping his bow to his cape. Once that was done, you dusted off his shoulders, feeling a little tingly every time your fingers brushed against him.

You returned your gaze back at him, he was already eyeing you with a certain glint in his eyes and a grin plastered on his face. Yet, still breathtaking. "You're all set!" You said, pulling back your arms. But Lyney grabbed your hands before your arms could return back to your sides. Softly. Gently.

You must've have had a confused expression on your face, because he reacted quite alarmed. However, you were beyond confused. In fact, confused wasn't the word. More like flustered, and surely ready to melt this very second.

"Y-Y/N... Don't leave just yet. Please." His voice. There was an empty pit in your stomach and a heavy pang in your chest.

'Please... Don't go.'

The words echoed into your skull, you've heard them before. From the exact person standing before you. A memory, perhaps. Your mind was hazy, and all it could focus was the moment you were in. His voice, pleading and bittersweet, lacing you and attaching you to the ground.

So you stayed.

Lyney smiled, "The show is about to start, but..." He paused, carefully wanting to calculate his next move. You could feel it. The way he seemed to be getting closer, his eyes flickering between your eyes and your mouth. Hell, you bet you did the same, listening attentively.

"But I think we," He stifled a chuckle, his forehead now against yours. His warm breath touching your skin. "Should just enjoy our company for a moment." His left hand was now placed delicately on your cheek, as if you were fragile and was afraid to break you, While you, just wanted to clash and embrace him tightly. "Don't you think?"

You swallowed, "Well," You looked at him, straight in the eyes, even if you were afraid to do so. "It depends by what you mean by that." You smirked, confidence starting to flood you.

"Don't tease me now petite étoile..." He shared the same smug look, mirroring your confidence.

"So? Answer me... or show me, whichever is easier for you." You held up your confidence, not wanting to back down. You thought, what would happen if you took the lead? If you managed to break him, leave him speechless. What a spectacle would that be?

But before you could even plan your moves, Lyney stole the show.

He pressed you against him, his left hand slithered behind your neck, and his lips touched yours. The butterflies inside you fluttered rapidly. And oh god, you could feel yourself want more. But you didn't feel anything. He was there. You were there. But it was like you were watching everything unfold from a distance. It felt good though, a nice warm feeling settling on your chest.

Because, in reality, you had nothing to grasp in the end.

Well... you found yourself at the plainness of your bed, the moonlight pouring into your window...

Ah, of course. Silly you, you should definitely go back to bed. For thus, it was only a mere dream.