1 - Stop Playing

Kaiya
5:20am
Atlanta
___________________________________________

I yawn hearing my alarm go off over and over again. "Shut the fuck up" I groan rolling my eyes.

I drag myself out of the bed going into the bathroom. I quickly grab my phone off the charger on my way there checking my messages.

I put my phone down the counter staring at myself in the mirror sighing quietly."what the fuck am I even here for..." I mumble to myself.

I turn the shower on making sure it's boiling hot before stepping in. "Mmm that feels good" I say softly feeling the hot water hit my skin.

I wash my body three times making sure I get everywhere cause we can't be smelling fishy now.

I rinse my body shutting the water off before getting out and wrapping a towel around my body. I look down at my phone noticing it's almost six.

"Fuck" I mumble before quickly walking into my sisters room towel and all. "Wake up boo" I say shaking her gentl

"Nooo" She whines pushing away from me. I roll my eyes before saying "Get the fuck up before i make you" I walk out of her room hearing my phone ring

"YOU BETTER BE UP WHEN I COME BACK IN THERE" I yell from my bedroom. I grab my phone answering it quickly

"Hello?" I say "Kaiya, hey girl so we need you by eight cause um a new nigga came in and they're giving him to you as a patient" Rihanna my best friend-ish and favorite co-worker says

"Aight...what's his name I ask setting the phone down and starting my skin care routine.

"Girl getcho ass over here and find out" I smack my teeth "This why I knew working in a mental asylum was some bullshit" I mumble to myself as I hang up on her.

I finish my skin care before quickly doing my edges and sliding on a gray sweatsuit. I sigh spraying on my sweet vanilla perfume.

I walk into my little sister's room to see her getting dressed. I smile lightly before walking downstairs to make breakfast. I lay the bacon out in the pan before sliding it into the oven.

"If this nigga really crazy I'm quitting" I mumble as I hear Kiara walk down the steps.

"Sleep good?" I ask putting a twenty dollar bill in the side of her book bag and handing the bag to her.

She shrugs grabbing her tablet off the dining table. I pull the bacon out of the oven putting some on a player sliding it over to her.

I rub my eyes waiting for her to finish.

Twenty Minutes Later

I walk into my job seeing everyone stare at me. I smile waving to every single one of them.

"KAIYA COME IN HERE" I cringe at the sound of my bosses voice. I walk into her office with a fake smile. "Follow me.." she says getting up quickly.

I walk behind her and follow her into a dark quiet room. In the middle of the room there was a table and two chairs on each side.

I stare down at the man occupying one of the chairs. "Fuck is you staring fa" He says mugging me.

I stare at him rolling my eyes before looking at my boss. "Well he's your new assignment..." my boss says pushing her boobs out towards the unknown male.

"What's his name?" I ask softly ignoring her attempt as seducing the man. "He goes by top" She says smacking her gum loudly.

I huff shooing her away before sitting down in the chair opposite him. "So? Why you here?" I ask looking into his eyes.

"Do it matter?" He asks leaning back giving me a full view of his many tattoos. I nod "Mhm. So start talking boo" I say softly

He looks up at me shaking his head with a chuckle "I kilt a couple niggas cause I was bored" He says with a shrug.

I stare at him in shock "a couple as in...?" I trail off waiting for him to answer. He chuckles "Come closer mama, ain't nobody finna hurt you" He says licking his lips.

I roll my eyes scooting my chair next to his. "Better...it was bout uh 15,20 of them niggas" He said twisting his locs in his fingers

I smack my teeth "You lying" I say not believing that. "Why you ain't in jail?" I ask getting a little closer.

He shrugs "I got uh 3 months in hea then I'm up out dis bitch" He says with a smile. I think about it running the numbers in my head. Sum ain't adding up.

I shrug "Well I'm your nurse, so if you need anything I can give it to you" I say smiling "Anything?" He asks smirking and I nod.

"Even pussy?" He asks licking his lips. "No nigga" I say smacking my teeth "You better find you another patient here for that shit"

He's full on laughing at how easy it was to fool me. "Mmcht, come on" I say dragging him by his arm

As I drag him through the halls I ignore the surprised stares "Why do people keep staring?" I ask blowing out a breath.

"Ion like to be touched..." He says following after me. "Oh my bad" I say pulling away but still walking "It's aight ma" He mumbles  .

"How do they know you don't like to be touched?" I ask arriving to his room. "I accidentally kilt the lady who uh brought me here" He says as I unlock the door.

I freeze. "Boy...you need help" I mumble the last part. I push the door open pointing inside the room "Speak up next time mamas" He whispers in my ear as he slides past me into the room.

I smack my teeth trying to hide my blush "So anyway, this is your room.." I say. The room was kind of plain there was a bed  a desk and a dresser all metal.

"If you need anything you press this button" I say pointing to the button on the side of the small dresser.

I walk up to him sitting next to him on his bed. "You shouldn't still have this" I mumble pulling his chain out of his shirt. "Why not?" He asks

I sigh "I can't even where earrings in here because it could be harmful to the patients" I say running my fingers over the diamonds on the chain.

He chuckles "What are these then?" He asks pushing my hair back revealing my NOT earrings. "Their not earrings their....ear holders"

I roll my eyes as he busts out laughing like a full on cackle. I smack my teeth pushing him away. "I'll be back at lunch" I say

(Thoughts on the story? Not negative ones just constructive criticism or whatever the fuck they say)