Chapter 2: A Place To Belong

Start from the beginning

"Daemon," Eida called, everyone's attention was now on her.

She placed a hand on her lips, her elbow resting on her other hand. "Shh... You shouldn't reveal your cards so readily, hmm?"

"Big Sis's right. You're practically asking to get beaten," Miyuki spoke up.

"Oh? You don't trust me?" Code said.

"I told you already that Daemon reflects attacks. That's all you really need to know. At least for the time being," Eida said.

"You really are a tough nut to crack. Besides, you never told me what Miyuki's ability is," Code said.

Miyuki glared at him as Bug tried telling him with his hands not to engage about her abilities. "That's none of your concern. Don't take offense, Code. We only just met, you know. More time needs to pass before I can show you everything," Eida said.

"Bedazzlement, Senrigan, and an unknown ability," Code began. "I haven't assumed that that's all there is to you, of course, but, don't tell me, you've got other abilities that you haven't demonstrated yet?"

"Well, wouldn't that be interesting...?" Eida said nonchalantly.

"SORRY, CODE! BUT SINCE BIG SIS SAYS NO, I CAN'T! MAYBE NEXT TIME!" Daemon said.

"You're too loud, Daemon," Miyuki scolded.

"Sorry, Sis," Daemon apologised quietly.

***

In Konoha, Kawaki was inside a shop. He examined some food as people were staring at him.

"Yo... quit starring," a man said to his friend.

"So civilains shouldn't know anything, but a lot of rumors've been flying around. Both true and false," Shikadai's voice rang in his head.

"Wake up already. Can't you see that you're just being used? There's no place here for you," Jigen spoke in Kawaki's voice.

***

At the Uzumaki household, Boruto stared at the pill that Amado made for him. "Two a day for a week now, but there's been no change, good or bad," Boruto said to himself. "Are they really working?"

"Boruto," Hinata called, peaking out of the kitchen to her oldest child who was at the stairs. "Has Kawaki come home yet?" she questioned.

"I haven't seen him," Boruto told his mother. "You're right. He's late."

"Did something happen?" Hinata asked. "He's never missed dinner before."

***

On the Hokage's Great Stone Faces, Kawaki sat with a rice ball and a water. He sat, staring at the village beyond, not noticing the man standing behind him.

"One rice ball and water... Don't tell me that's what you're having for dinner?" Naruto said.

Kawaki looked over his shoulder, glaring at the Seventh Hokage. "I know Hinata's made dinner by now. What're you doing here?"