Chapter 2: A Place To Belong

Începe de la început

The old man lit a smoke. "I told you, I won't do wrong by Konoha. The opposite, in fact," Amado said.

"Huh?"

"I've already run this by Katsuke. After all, sharing tech with your village was a condition of my borrowing equipment," Amado reassured. "This one... should become a powerful Konoha ally."

"A powerful ally...?" Sumire repeated.

***

"So, how long are you going to ride me?" Code questioned.

"Wha!? You're tired already!?" Daemon exclaimed. "You've got no stamina!"

"Er, that's not what I..." Code began. "Hey, Eida, could ya help me with him? He's beyond my control."

"Ho ho, you've become his new best friend, Code," Eida said, leaning against the counter, next to Miyuki, who sat atop the counter, painting her nails. "I'm relieved that you two get along. Now it's just Miyuki." Eida gave her sister a side eye, but she completely ignored it and continued what she was doing.

"This... is getting along? Frankly, I'm full of doubt, myself," Code said.

Bug tried getting up, but was caught by the youngest girl and youngest boy in the room. "Bug!" Miyuki exclaimed in delight. Daemon jumped off of Code and towards Bug upon hearing his sister call his name.

"EEP!" Bug exclaimed.

Daemon fell on top of Bug, the two of them going crashing down to the ground. "WHERE YOU TRYIN' TO SNEAK OFF TO, BUG!? THAT'S COLD! WE HAVEN'T SEEN EACH OTHER IN FOREVER!"

Dammit! This is why I hate this kid! Bug thought to himself.

Suddenly, Code's claw marks appeared. "Wha!?" Daemon exclaimed.

The reflection is instantaneous... and given his reaction just now... does the ability kick in automatically, reguardless of his intent? Code asked himself.

"Hey, Code, what the heck!?" Daemon exclaimed.

Code placed his hand inside one of his claw marks on his body, it appearing in one of the claw marks near Daemon. "This is my ability. I can move freely between claw marks. I thought it'd be quicker to show you than explain," Code said. He pulled Bug through.

"Whoa..." Daemon said as Eida stared blankly and Miyuki narrowed her eyes.

"Why it only allows me to go back and forth at will, I can bring others to me if it's one at a time," Code explained.

"Cool," Daemon said.

"Thanks, Code. I owe you one," Bug said.

Code didn't turn to look at him. "No thanks needed. I was merely testing out his reflecting ability," Code said.

"THAT'S NEAT! I LIKE IT!" Daemon shouted cheerfully.

"Why, thank you. Mind explaining to me in a bit more detail how your ability works?" Code said.

"Huh? Well, y'see." Daemon's cheery personality changed, but he gave no mind and decided to answer Code's question anyway.