Yuri's lip quivered in dissatisfaction. Observing his condition, however, Yuri chose to apologise, "I'm sorry I couldn't tell you about it beforehand, Cheol-ssi. I didn't mean to scare you like that. The apartment was a clause in my temporary contract with Ador. I had no choice but to vacate the premises as soon as possible when I signed back with my old company. Staying there didn't feel right anymore and I had this house to fall back on." Yuri took a step back to escape Seungcheol's touch while he was still confused, "I wasn't sure how to tell you about it, Cheol-ssi."

"Wait. Wait." Seungcheol blinked a few times, checking if he'd heard it correctly. His brain categorized it as ridiculous but he wasn't sure if he was thinking right, "Did you just say you've signed back with your old company? The one that let a criminal like Yeon Hwi run amok?"

The sentence seemed to lose logic every time it was spoken. Yuri had meekly nodded in response but Seungcheol was beginning to doubt reality. "Yah, Yuri, you're joking with me, aren't you? Is this one of those TV show pranks?" He laughed slightly, his countenance darkening in sarcasm, "Yuri," his voice grew deeper all of a sudden, "You couldn't step into that building without the fear of an anxiety attack only months ago. We went to therapy so you could move around healthily. All because you were adamant about being an idol. It's why you got such a good offer out of HYBE and now what? You've signed back with your old company?"

 It's why you got such a good offer out of HYBE and now what? You've signed back with your old company?"

He shook his head. This was ridiculous. Seungcheol staggered in his place slightly, unbelieving of the situation. He did not believe his girlfriend would choose to walk into that hellhole after having suffered at their hands for so long. No. Coups placed his palms on Yuri's shoulders looking her in the eye, "Why, Yuri? Is someone blackmailing as Jihoon said?" There was fear in his eyes and his voice grew desperate by the second. "Just tell me, Yuri-yah. I'll solve everything for you. I promise I will. So, just tell me. What do they have over you? Is it money? Should I... Should I transfer it to their bank account right away? What is it?"

"Stop." Yuri, who had remained silent throughout finally spoke up. Her voice wavered at Seungcheol's words, shaken by the desperation in his actions. His clear eyes had grown chaotic, unlike anything she'd ever seen. A fearsome thought passed through her mind momentarily, did she do this to him? "Stop it, please."

It was almost as if Seungcheol had gone mad with worry. Yuri paced herself, trying to bring the words out, steady and slow, "Seungcheol, why are you acting like this?" She tried to calm him down, "Nobody's blackmailing me. I was simply offered a favourable deal and I took it. That's all there is. My old company? It's different now. The management has changed and I have better authority in choosing the people I work with. It's alright."

She hesitated slightly, "Of course, money is important, Cheol-ssi. People slave out all their lives for this kind of money. You've worked hard to reach this level as well. And now you're ready to throw it all away for me?" Her expression hardened as her pride resurfaced, "I don't need money from you. So, don't go talking as if it's all so easy, Cheol-ssi."