I don't want to pressure my mom on abandoning her bond with him just cause I hate him, Hate is a big word, I don't hate Rowan, okay, I don't think that'll ever be possible, but I resent his actions, that's a way to put it.

The conversation takes another turn but my mind keeps coming back to Rowan's offer, He won't stop, he'll keep pushing and pushing.

The thing is, I'm sure as fuck that I'll be pushing right back, so this will only end when one of us gives up, and it's not going to be me.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just when I'm about to exit my apartment and go for a run, a notification pops up, cutting off my actions, Thankfully, I still have two hours before Aurelia and Vera arrive, I'll run and then shower before they come here.

Rowan: Going for a run?

Jesus Christ, I grit my teeth.

Me: Yes.

I don't bother with hiding that fact since he clearly stalks my fucking daily routine, I bet he's smiling in satisfaction right now.

Rowan: I'm downstairs.

He says ever so casually as if we're a couple going on a run, goddamn it, I don't even bother with replying to him as I jog down the stairs.

Sure enough, Rowan's Red Jeep is right in front of my face, his head tilts ever so casually to the side, brown warm eyes clashing with mine in a wave, bright under the sunlight.

I stand right where I'm, If he expects me to walk over to him, then we have to work things a bit harder, but he looks unimpressed as he exits the car, straightening his compressed black shirt that's hugging his body.

Sure enough, He's lean, but his chest muscles are developed to perfection, adding a lethal edge to his approachable appearance.

He eyes me for a beat, before a playful smile finds its way across his face, "Why are you here?" I ask when he doesn't make a move to utter a single word, I don't have enough time to waste in a staring contest.

"For you." His reply comes instantly and I narrow my eyes in a glare, "I don't want you here." I say harshly, any other person would be hurt...or at least annoyed by my protest, Rowan? Nah, he just smirks further and takes a step towards me.

His tall frame towering over mine, I raise my chin high with pride as I stare into his empty lifeless eyes, Shallow, "I'm here for our deal." He tilts his head to the side, studying my features nonchalantly while the same smile stays plastered on his face.

"There's no deal between us, you offered whatever you had and I said no, the end." I mock, he stares down at me, "Hilarious." He deadpans and I just contemplate leaving him in the streets.

"It's not a joke." I intercept, he arches a brow, "It is actually, our deal isn't over, I told you that this wasn't the final answer, Angelo." I resent the goddamn name with everything in me actually.

"You're such a fucking child, can't handle a rejection?" I let out a bitter laugh, this, whatever this is, it's so fucking unnecessary, if he was just mature enough to accept rejection, live would be fine.

He arches a dry brow and looks down his arrogant nose at me, his smile continues stretching though and it's not genuine, not entirely "I've never been rejected, Lina, a lot would kill to be in your place, I can have a woman dangling over my arm in an hour." He states with credence and pride, shrugging as his lips pull high and mine twist in disgust.

Any other woman would be using him as well so I don't entirely understand his point, but my lips slowly stretch in a rare smirk, his grin wavers for a beat before it stays right back on,

I lean closer to him, "But it's me that you want, Isn't it?" A logical reaction would be ditching him and walking away maybe, not provoking him further,
definitely not.

His eyes sparkle with something entirely new, a challenge, or a surprise I can't really decide, "You have no idea how stunning you look when you're worked up like this." He points out,

"I'm sure I'll look more stunning if I smash my shoes down your dick." The words come out uncontrollably, my mind welcomingly shooting back replies, he arches a brow, "I'm sure you'd love to do a lot of things with my dick while we're on the topic, I'm wounded by the statement." He dramatically exclaims and I blink at him.

Which causes his grin to widen, my fingers itch to wipe it off his face, "Fuck if I care." I repeat dryly and take a step backward, and just when I'm about to start walking in the other direction.

He snatches my hand right back, causing my body to turn, My eyes widen in anger but then my words seem caught in my throat when he steps closer, and then he holds my chin between his index and thumb.

The mere contact of his fingers with my skin causing electricity to course through my body, "You care, Lina, pretending that you don't never suited you, just like pretending that you don't want me, your act is so cheap." When I finally come back to my senses I take another curt step away from him.

Gritting my teeth in disgust, "Wake up, Rowan, you're subconsciously tricking yourself cause accepting that I don't actually care about you will hurt." Just like it did with me.

"You can convince yourself all you want." He smiles further but now it seems as if his mask is slipping, it becomes more pretentious and fake, "But your actions speak louder." He finishes the sentence with a shrug and I embrace myself with a harsh breath.

He's not always this...serious or intense for the matter, I can't put a word to it, he's mostly shallow as I always say, Right now, maybe I underestimated how much his mind works.

Maybe it never shuts down for the matter, because if he notices those little actions that I do while he's drunk and kissing women here and there, laughing his ass off and throwing jokes, then I'm sure as hell that Rowan isn't just doing this for nothing.

He isn't wearing a constant mask for nothing, his previous personality as I call it was similar to this new Rowan, but his words seemed much more meaningful and significant, Right now, the topics he even discusses are just...out of boredom.

A thought pops up in my mind.

Maybe, just maybe this Rowan is still deep inside of him but he needs someone to pull it back up from him.

I shut it off, I was that someone once and I failed, and one thing about me is I don't repeat the same mistake twice.

A vote is really appreciated.
I'm honestly loving them so far, how do you guys feel? 🩷