Marquise couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm. 

I think I like the idea of going to visit a kid over standing here all night in this stuffy room, he thought to Vrasje as his love grinned at him. 

I completely agree. Let's get out of here. 

Returning his attention to the woman, Marquise gave her a slight bow and a smile. 

"We humbly accept your offer, ma'am. Tea sounds lovely." 

 The woman looked like she was about to faint from sheer disbelief. 

Marquise quickly stepped forward and took hold of one of her frail elbows to steady her. 

"Don't get too excited. I might not be what he expected," he said with a calm chuckle as he carefully tucked her little arm into his, then slowly began leading her toward the stairs with Vrasje hot on his heels. 

"Oh no, I believe he will absolutely love you. He used to go to the top of the hill outside of town to enjoy the view, the one that looks out over the gorge that stretches for several miles. That's where he saw his first wolf a few years ago. Of course, our amazing hunter, lord Vrasje, has kept our land safe from feral packs, but now that you have come with the elder's blessing, you're all my grandson talks about."

His blessing, huh? 

That was a strange way of saying the guy became obsessed with him. 

"Ah, yes. He's been a great help," he said with a forced chuckle as they made it to the bottom of the stairs. 

Of course, all eyes were now on them, but that was no surprise. Most of them already had been, anyways.

You should hear the flurry of words being shoved into my mind right now, love. It is quite humorous.  

Marquise frowned over his shoulder as his vampire fell into step beside them on the other side of the old woman. He even took her other arm, giving the surrounding vampires and humans quite the spectacle. 

I bet they're howling warnings as loud as they can to stay away from the little old human grandma, he thought to Vrasje, earning a half-grin. 

Oh yes, everyone says this little old lady is just an elderly widower with a ward grandson left behind by parents that died young to disease. Clearly she's trying to get in our good graces and change her ward before she dies. 

Even if she were trying to do that, they wouldn't change their mind. The little old lady was beaming and blushing with their simple agreement and careful assistance while the people behind them were sipping spiked blood and hissing all sorts of foul thoughts to his vampire. 

There was no comparison, at all. 

They walked slowly but comfortably out into the crisp evening air, then followed the old ladies directions for quite some time. 

She walked this far just to ask me to come meet her grandson?

"It's just up ahead, sweethearts. Oh, he will be so excited!" she said as she hurried along a fraction of a bit faster. 

Are you doing alright, love? 

Marquise smiled at him over the little lady's gray hair. 

I'm okay. I remembered my cane so it's not too bad right now. 

Vrasje didn't look entirely convinced, but that was alright. If the guy wasn't happy with him limping later, he had no doubt that he'd just lift him right up and carry him all the way back home. With or without permission.