Iris raised a eyebrow, leaving my response unanswered and reveled in the awkward silence she caused. I just stood there like an idiot, expecting an answer but it never came till I was about to speak; THEN she decided to continue.

"I don't know if you're joking or you actually some issues up there." She gestures to my head. Not gonna lie, I was actually offended. This b-

"You know you can always just use Google, right?" I stared at her for a moment. Of course I know I can use Google! I thought, does she really thi-

"...I didn't actually, um...think about that before..." Saying I felt 'stupid' was an understatement, I felt worse! I expected Iris to scoff or actually insult me "again". What I didn't expect was her to burst out laughing. Her giggle was...warm and had a fuzzy feeling to it. I've never seen Iris like that, no one has. She's always been the quiet girl in class, and to be honest her little giggle was actually...it was actually kinda-

"I'm sorry I'm sorry," she breathed, meeting my gaze, "it's just so silly to not think of that before." Her voice had changed too, it was more soft and actually comforting.

"I- no it's ok," I murmured, "it's um, it is a little dumb of me to not think of that before though."

"Maybe a little bit, but still; a silly mistake wouldn't hurt anyone." I love the fact that she said this, when I've summoned some fucking manga characters that got off their meds and are now rogue.

"Um...yeah I guess," I mumbled, crossing my arms. Why was she...

"Anyway," Iris sighed, stuffing her hands in the pockets of her jacket, "next time try going to the local library. This place is bullshit anyway."

"Then why were you here?"

"...I like reading?" She gave me a small wave before walking away, lost in the maze of bookshelves. My mind was blank as I watched the 'quiet girl' vanish through the rows of books. It took me a second to acknowledge that my pulse was the pounding sound I was hearing over and over again. What is this... I thought, this is...it's because she almost caught me...

I reassured myself over and over again as I hurriedly made my way out of the library; avoiding the chocolate eyes that bored over me.

This girl...

*

*

*

"I'm sorry, you fucking what?" My friends and I were sitting on the bleachers eating lunch and chatting. Josh and my other mates, Aaron, Nick, Theo and Luke. We were discussing a random topic and something about Iris slipped out. Now I was just sitting there while the group kept on nagging me about what happened.

"Dude, she's fucking scaring. What do you mean she smiled?" Aaron scoffed. To be honest I don't think Theo was listening, to busy on his phone; messaging his girlfriend. Luke just waited for me to continue, like a tail was about to be told and as for Josh?

Yeah, he didn't look to thrilled, he might of crawled my eyes out if it were legal; though he did to look intrigued.

"She smiled," Josh repeated what I said while staring me down, "wait wait wait, you're fucking kidding. She smiled?! When I tried making her do that that all I got was a fucking death threat with her eyes! DUDE HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MAKE HER SMILE??!"

"Easy, not being you."

He began laughing sarcastically. "Ha ha ha, very funny asshole." Luke covered his mouth, submerging his chuckle while Josh sulked.

"Dude, do you like Iris or something?" Theo asked, not looking up from his phone. The sudden question caught me off and it was too late to hide the heat on my face.

"H-huh?! Hell no!" I snapped.

"You sure?" Luke snickered. I glared at him, my jaw clenched. Luke wasn't the type to full on be a prick like Josh which was what I liked about him, yet sometimes he could push it. His eyes were a light blue like the morning sky and had dark curls, mainly wearing his hoodie over the school uniform. He kept getting detentions at first until he got a uniform pass for it.

Usually in class he was the quiet kid, expect not the stereotypical one, fortunately. Theo was the mature one, kinda like the father in the group. It'd be weird to say mother since he wasn't a fucking know-it-all- I mean, he isn't like a mother...yeah...

"What even happened?" Aaron asked.

"Huh? What can I say, I just didn't act like a perv."

"Wait," Josh began, "why did you wanna go to the library again, you didn't say." It took me a second to process before I could dish up a reason without more questions of the truth.

"Is it so bad I wanted to borrow a book?"

Josh deadpanned. "Is it so bad I asked?"

"...No."

"Then don't answer a question with another question, dickhead." Ok I'll admit, I did kinda feel bad by the way I've snapped and snarled at Josh. It's just this whole situation is so stressful and soon I'll have to go home and deal with them. I apologised to him, knowing very well that my attitude will not get my anywhere. I usually loved going home on Fridays, but today?

This was gonna be a long weekend, and not in a good way...

TO BE CONTINUED

______________________________