4. I'll Pick You Up

Start from the beginning

He might not notice but his voice was lowered a little more than before.

But Krist still woke up, he was in a daze for a few seconds like in the evening, his eyes were tired making his sight more blurred at the moment. Then he saw Gawin talking with someone on the phone, his smile was so kind, his hair completely falling down on his forehead, his face looking tired, the bridge of his nose was long and straight.

Moving his gaze up a bit, Krist realized that Gawin's eyes, looking from his side, were dark and sparkling.

If the smile was the most beautiful thing on Krist's face, then with Gawin's, it would be his eyes. His eyes had double eyelids and look extremely sharp, his eyelashes were not long but curled, enough to not obscure the light as warm as the deep sea in the bottom of his eyes.

Half a minute that Gawin didn't realize that Krist was already awake was also half a minute that Krist was not aware that he kept tilting his head to gaze at the other, in a 'not-so-subtle' way at all.

It wasn't until he became conscious of what he was doing, Krist quickly turned away. He was a bit confused so he kept looking outside the window. It seemed like the car hadn't reached his house yet, it was just stopped on the the side of the road.

Gawin ended the call and realized Krist already woke up.

He turned to look at him...

"You slept so soundly that I didn't want to wake you up, but you probably woke up because of this call, right?"

Krist awkwardly laughed because he was the one who fell asleep, making Gawin unable to call his girlfriend even though he was in front of his house.

"Sorry, I have narcolepsy. On the days when I was so tired, I couldn't control my sleepiness. You should wake me up anyway. Sorry for bothering you like this."

"I already called her, so it's okay... now lemme take you home."

Krist told Gawin the address and sat quietly again. Normally he talked a lot, but today both were tired, and Krist was still sleepy, when he felt his eyelids almost closed again, he spoke up.

"Ah right, just now the husband of that woman invited us for a meal as a thank you, will you go?"

"How about you?"

"I think when we do good things, we don't need to receive anything in return, but her husband was so enthusiastic... she also really wants us to go, so I don't know anymore."

Whereas thinking about Krist's answer, Gawin carefully looked at the house signs because they almost reached Krist's house. The small guy knew he was thinking so he didn't ask. He turned to check if his phone was in his backpack before getting off the car.

Their homes were only a ten-minute drive from each other. Krist saw the lights in the frontyard were on while the door was closed and the lights in the house were off. The neighborhood fell into darkness and was quiet in the midnight. He took off the seatbelt and thanked Gawin for driving him home before stepping out of the car. Before he could close the door, Gawin leaned over and said to him, his voice was low and calm.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at noon."

Krist secretly understood that the taller accepted the invitation of that husband and wife, so he slightly lower his head and looked at the other.

"Aren't you at the clinic at that time? Anyway, going straight to the restaurant from the clinic is closer than driving back home to pick me up."

"I normally come home to cook and eat alone and then go back to the clinic, so I used to that."