Chapter 1 : Owner of Flames

Grand Duke Nacht, Grand Prince Ashiel, Second Prince Michael and Nacht's ward Loreina Minagsi were attending the Bureaucratic Meeting.

The Bureaucratic Meeting was a very prestigious meeting held in the Nacht where important topics regarding the Nacht territory, agendas, warfare were discussed.

Nacht Duchy had two wards, Loreina and Sienna. Loreina was a Noble lady who was called "Healing Angel" who extended the Emperor's life by a year. She was known to be a benefactor of the royal family.

On the other hand, Sienna was an orphan commoner girl who was adopted by Grand Duke. She showcased no specific talent let alone have a magical awakening.

The difference between the two wards was so stark and so was the treatment they both received. Loreina was treated tenderly, everyone loved her, cherished her. On the other hand Sienna only got ridiculed, the only companions she had were misery and sadness.

But still Sienna did not give up her sincere efforts to help the Nacht in her own little way. Little did she know, she was soon going to know who she really was!

***

While the four of them were attending the meeting, Sienna was cleaning Loreina's room. When she was cleaning her dressing table, a decorative round shaped musical box fell from the table and rolled down the bed.

Sienna sighed and went to pick it up. As she lifted the bedsheets up, an unnatural floor board caught her attention. Curious, she opened it.

She found a box with a lot of dust on it. She opened the box and to her horror and shock, she found Hesaros, the twelth named inside it!

She couldn't believe it and accidentally touched it only to get flames erupted from it. The flames engulfed her and the next moment somebody spoke to her.

[ I Hesaros, choose you as my owner. The contract is completed.]

The next moment there was a necklace with white pearls and gold around her neck and in the middle of the necklace was a big red stone.

It was Hesaros!

***

Hesaros was about to purify the area with Sienna's magic abilities but Sienna stopped him.

[?? Why??]

"I don't think it's okay to do that here. Let's first go to my room."

Sienna quickly tidied Loreina's room and went inside her room.

Sienna's room was on the third floor in the corner. It was very small and mediocre compared to Loreina's room.

Sienna came inside her room and locked the doors.

[Ugh!! I can't believe there is so much fraud in this castle!]

"???"

[You didn't realize? And the room which you were cleaning before was the most tainted place in this castle. Compared to that this room is so clean and pure! Of course a Terraformer lives here!]

"What? A Terraformer?"

[Yes! You! You are a Terraformer!]

"What are you talking about?"

[Wait! You haven't had your first manifestation yet?]

After talking for a long time, Sienna learned a few things.

Firstly, she was not a useless being with no magical power. She was a Terraformer. Secondly the ritual which she did with Loreina, stole her powers from her and went to Loreina, Thirdly Loreina was the source of enormous Fraud and Judicial Law inside this castle and Lastly there was a way to get back her powers from Loreina.

"Hmm..." Sienna thought for a while.

Now that she started sensing things with the help of Hesaros, she too started to feel uncomfortable in this castle. She always felt uncomfortable before but now she knew the source of that feeling.

She also knew that Loreina is not the kind older sister she thinks and is planning a grand scheme against her. It was not impossible though. From the books Sienna read, the Terraformers are beings who purify their surroundings and the evil energy is always trying to find a way to destroy their existence.

If whatever the book said is true, then Loreina is the source of evil which was trying to kill Sienna slowly slowly.

[That's why we should purify this castle and have your first awakening!] Hesaros exclaimed.

"No!" Sienna firmly refused.

"It is not possible for Loreina alone to deal with this much amount of Judicial law on her own. I..I do not have a good feeling about this!" Sienna said.

[..Then! You mean!]

"Yes! I don't think she is alone in this. I think this is a well devised trap."

Though Sienna was not educated properly in the duchy, she had a habit of reading books. So she had a basic knowledge of magic and magical theories.

The twenty year old Sienna may be innocent but she was not naive. Given a hint, she could easily understand what might be going on behind the scenes. Like now when Hesaros gave her a hint about fraud and she put all the pieces together.

And if what she draw as a conclusion was true, then indeed there was a threat to her life in this duchy.

"I need to run away!" Sienna said.