Eleanor's brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Tony's lips twisted into a wry grin. "Let's just say I have my ways of dealing with him. I'll make sure he understands that you're off limits for his secret missions."

Eleanor couldn't help but crack a small smile. "Thank you, Tony. You have no idea how much this means to me."

Tony gave her a mock salute. "Consider it done. Now, let's clean up this place and get you back on your feet."

As they worked together to restore some semblance of order to her apartment, Eleanor felt a sense of relief wash over her. She often looked over to Tony finding him already sneaking glances at her, she would just blush and smile to herself.

Suddenly a strong feeling of overwhelming love overcame her, so strong it nearly brought her to her knees. Her head was ringing and the room was spinning as her vision doubled. She groaned and turned around to see Stark in the same position as she was.

He hadn't looked up yet as Eleanor began speaking to him.

"What the fuck is happening?" she barely spat out.

"I have no idea-," Tony stopped mid-sentence as the two made eye contact for the first time since the headaches.

As their eyes locked, an electric jolt seemed to surge between Tony and Eleanor. The world around them seemed to fade away, leaving only the intensity of their gaze connecting them on a level that defied explanation.

Eleanor's breath caught in her throat as a flood of emotions rushed through her. It was as if she could feel every thought, every feeling that Tony had ever experienced. She saw his brilliance, his charm, his insecurities, and his vulnerabilities. It was overwhelming, yet strangely comforting.

Tony's usual confident demeanor wavered as he looked into Eleanor's eyes. He felt a wave of empathy and understanding wash over him as if Eleanor could see past his façade and into his true self.

Eleanor's voice trembled as she broke the silence. "Tony, do you... Do you feel that too?"

Tony nodded slowly, his expression a mix of awe and disbelief. "Yeah, I do. It's like... I can feel your thoughts, your emotions."

Eleanor took a shaky step forward, her heart pounding in her chest. "I think we're soulmates.."

Tony was speechless, gazing at the woman like she was a goddess.

As they continued to gaze at each other, the sense of connection grew stronger, enveloping them in a cocoon of shared understanding and affection. Eleanor reached out hesitantly, her hand finding Tony's. The moment their skin touched, a surge of warmth spread through their bodies, further solidifying their bond.

Tony let out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding. "Eleanor, I... I have something to tell you."

Eleanor's fingers intertwined with Tony's, and she met his gaze with a mixture of vulnerability and hope. "Yes, what is it?"

"I have other soulmates..."

"...What?"

"You see when Fury came to me for the first time with the idea of a team of, well, of superhumans, I felt something deep inside me. Telling me to say yes, telling me to join the team. I obviously joined the team and through that met all the other Avengers."

"Continue..."

"And one day when we were all sitting down having a 'family dinner', we all felt the same things we did and then we realized that we were all mates. All of us," Tony glanced up at El, looking almost fearful of her reaction.

Eleanor had never seen Tony this vulnerable before. Normally he's cocky and loud and never leaves empty gaps in their chats, but now an unsteady tension had settled upon the room.

"Tony I do not care if you are mated to the whole planet! I will always be mated to you and I will always cherish and care for you no matter what we go through, OK? This information doesn't change anything to our bond, I promise you," Eleanor spoke softly, resting a comforting hand on Tony's exposed forearms.

She tried to ignore the tingling feeling in her gut whenever Tony spoke of his mates as she didn't want to worry him or anything like that.

Suddenly, Tony sprung up from his crouched position and wrapped his thick arms around Eleanor's waist, surprising her, burying his face in her soft hair.

"Thank you, thank you. I don't deserve you," Tony said holding back tears, still hiding his face.

El felt hot, dense tears on her shoulder and immediately clasped the poor man's broad shoulders. She heard him sniffling and softly took his head in her hands.

As she held his tear-stained face, El was faced with the reality of how damaged her mate was. He was so used to being talked about and shamed of his past and he was terrified of her reaction if she found out about his multiple partners before meeting his mates.

"I don't- I... I was an unfaithful man before meeting you and the rest. I had many people in my bed and I just want you to hear it from my mouth rather than some obnoxious news article,"

"Tony, I want you to know that no matter if you killed a thousand people or slept with every single adult you could see, I would adore no more less."

Tony looked up and met with your eyes again, his eyes holding a new emotion... Love.