30. don't think we're above

Start from the beginning

freyarogers LIVE 👁️ 2,647

I hadn't gone live on Instagram in a long time and now, I wish I hadn't touched the feature

I hadn't gone live on Instagram in a long time and now, I wish I hadn't touched the feature. My eyes had been scanning the comments, finding a bunch that were asking about my sexuality as if I hadn't said it before. Anyone could do a Google search and see that I've said I'm a lesbian. It gets exhausting.

"I bought a cake and I'm gonna decorate it because I'm bored," I say, pushing the bag from the store in front of the camera, "Flo also isn't here to stop me and Kate didn't either," I add, shrugging my shoulders.

I sit on a barstool in my kitchen, working at my counter. Kate was watching something in the living room only a room away. I had bough the cake for fun. I would probably give it to Florence to eat honestly.

jadagyamfi: you're so cute

username1: HOW MANY TRACKS ON THE ALBUM

"Aaron, Leah, and I haven't fully finished the album yet. We're still narrowing down songs," I explain as I begin to ice the cake I got in white icing. It's a small circular one. I didn't even know they sold plain cakes until i saw this one earlier and then I bought it. Kate barely batted an eye when she saw me pick it up.

I also wasn't technically lying about the album. I knew there were 12 tracks, but we actually hadn't finished it yet. It was harder when I couldn't be in Long Pond Studios working directly with Aaron and we were trying to do the long distance work of it all. He'd taught Leah a lot actually and we all found it helpful.

casrogers: do people finally know im ur brother

username2: CAS 😭

username3, freya i love you

caitlinclark22: and you bought the cake for what??

I see Caitlin's comment pass and I shake my head, "I bought the cake for fun, Caitlin. Stop bullying," I tease, putting down the knife I was using for the icing.

Next, I grab a bottle of sprinkles and hold it up to my phone with a smile on my face.

caitlinclark22: oh god she's got sprinkles

I roll my eyes with a small smile at Caitlin's other comment, opening the sprinkles as I continue to read the chat. After a few seconds, I look at the cake in front of me, "How much of this do I put on it?" I ask as if I was going to listen to them anyway.

I pour a little bit on the cake, debating on wether it's enough each time I add some. After a bit, I just shrug my shoulders and pour the rest of the bottle on it, using my fingers to move them to the sides, "Okay, maybe that was too much," I say as a lot of them were also on my countertop.

username4: freya there's a spider behind you

username5: THE SPIDER-

username6: babe go kill the spider

"I think the cake is cute- there's a spider behind me?" I ask, turning around to look. If they were making that big of a deal of it, I would be able to see it and I don't. I turn back to my phone, "No there's not!" I say with a small smile.

username7: no there's really a spider!!

I furrow my brows, pressing my lips together. I look toward the living room, "Kate!" I call, "Can you come here?"

Quickly, I hear her footsteps approaching, "What's up, Reya?" she asks, coming around the counter to me.

"Can you check if there's a spider somewhere over there? I'm paranoid because of the people on live," I say.

She looks at me like she wants to laugh, but she doesn't. Kate just nods her head and walks past me, her hand brushing my back softly as she walks around the kitchen.

"Holy shit!" she exclaims after a few seconds.

My head snaps in her direction, assuming she found one, "Kate fucking kill it!" I say, not even seeing a spider. I hear the laugher escape Kate's lips as she turns to face me. Of course she would joke about this with me, "Kate."

"I'm sorry," she says, still laughing as she walks over to me, "There's nothing there, I promise," she reassures, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

I shake my head and look up at her, "I cannot believe you."

"Ba- Reya, what did you do?" she asks, changing the subject as she stares down at my counter. I didn't miss the way she almost called me babe.

I shrug my shoulders, "Decorated a cake," I tell her, stating the obvious.

"You made a mess," she says, looking at the sprinkles everywhere.

I give her a smile, "I will clean it up, sunshine. It's okay."

username7: i think i know who she's dating 😭

authors note
i hate school ‼️