Njord: Part 3

Começar do início

Irene's eyes narrowed slightly on the man in particular.

This was the new assignment that was given to her by Maestro.

To oversee the cause of the city's current situation.

Even though they did not have any proof that indicated this assumption of theirs was true or not, both she and Maestro knew that this man had something to do with the sudden shift of attitude of the residents.

A man suddenly appear and all of a sudden the whole city became livelier and the beach became safer?

It was like all of their problems had disappeared as soon as he appeared.

You have to forgive them for being suspicious of this figure named Njord.

That man was now Irene's responsibility in keeping tabs on him. They were not that naive to think this man did not have something to do with all of these changes that were happening to this dead silent town of theirs.

But there was a catch.

The same man that they suspected of doing something that might endanger the city was now teaching a child how to dance.

Irene was still a bit confused about how they got here.

No... She was downright clueless about how to view this man.

It all started when Irene first announced her being Njord's personal warden for as long as he stayed near the city. Finding him to tell this news was not hard to do. She knew where she could find that man.

At the beach shore.

That man barely leaves that place. Anyone that was near the beach could catch a glimpse of his figure facing the large body of water.

So it was no surprise to her, when her foot first touched the sandy floor, it did not take long for her to find him.

With the sun gone from the sky, the moon's glow fell onto the quiet beach. And from what little time she had known the man one time was for sure.

Where there was the moon, he was not far from it.

And true to this fact, she saw him, rugged clothes and all.

His back faced her as Irene slowly approached him. Njord's seemed to not realize she was there. Or maybe, he did not care. Irene did not know but what she did know was that there were a few things that made the man be entranced.

The moon and ocean were the two of them.

But he quickly came back to his senses.

It might be because he heard her footsteps slowly coming closer to him.

Njord turned his back to the ocean and focused his attention on her instead. His eyes were the first thing that she saw.

So gentle and calm. It was like each eye was a portal to the depths of the ocean that he love to get lost admiring it. Irene was still not used to how his eyes were when he stared at her.

Or anyone in fact now that she realized.

But like the ocean, those eyes... Irene felt that was more to them. She just could not place a finger on what that thing was.

Hearing him greet her snapped her out of those thoughts.

He was smiling.

Smiling as he waited for her to reply to him. Even when she was interrupting him, her arrival did not bother him in the slightest.

In fact, he seemed to enjoy seeing people meeting him.

Irene did not waste time for both of them by beating around the bush and dropping the news of her being assigned to be Njord's acting guard.