"she sucks but i can't let her die! cj, we need to take her to the vet!" macK cried.

"we?" he questioned stupidly, "if that thing has rabies i ain't going anywhere near it."

"hey, why don't you talk to the fundraiser people? i'm pretty sure the main vet is here today, the one that owns the practice." josiah said.

"oh, sick. that's a good idea," macK nodded in agreement, "c'mon cj."

cj rolled his eyes, but ultimately followed him. he sometimes hated doing everything with macK, but macK did everything with him too. it was an even trade off.

patrick corbin was sitting on the floor in one of the pens playing with the puppies. a couple of the workers were standing around it, including the girl that accidentally caught macK's eye earlier.

maybe it wasn't the right time for this, but that girl was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. her ocean eyes were absolutely enticing, making him nervous even standing by her.

"hey, pat?" macK called, catching the veteran pitcher's attention.

"what's up?" the man returned from the ground, cradling a dog in his arms.

"do you know where i can find the vet? like, the main vet? i need some insight." he requested.

"on your dog that supposedly locked you in the bathroom once?" he sniggered. he was constantly ridiculed by macK's crazy stories on his dog. dogs didn't do that stuff. he insisted his did though.

"yeah, that one, actually. and i'm not lying." macK reassured firmly.

"right," he carried on giggling.

"cj, i am not lying, right?"

cj stayed silent. he thought macK being worked up over this was hilarious.

"typical cj, having my back a minute ago and then putting a knife in it the second later!" he muttered sarcastically.

"holy moly, what's up your ass?" a captivating voice remarked.

macK looked up to see the super gorgeous girl from earlier. she had a half-smile on her face.

"are you gonna let him speak to you like that?" she said through the quiet, eyeing cj. nobody had uttered a word for a solid ten seconds.

"ummm," cj did his signature shrug.

"macK, this is the girl you're looking for. her names belle. she's the one who owns the practice." patrick introduced.

"oh." he answered blankly. he hadn't taken her eyes off of her and it was starting to creep belle out. "cj! have you seen my dog?" macK bursted out randomly, eyes traveling around the room surprised, before scurrying off with him.

"have they never seen a female before?" belle raised an eyebrow toward patrick.

"cj? probably. macK? probably not." patrick shrugged.

"hm."

"what the fuck was that?" cj asked, unable to pull himself together as he followed behind his best friend

"what the fuck was that?" cj asked, unable to pull himself together as he followed behind his best friend. he had to squat down on the ground and hide his face to stop cackling.

"stop," macK whined, joining cj on the ground. he laid down, falling straight backwards on his back.

a couple of the bullpen dudes passed by them with extremely confused looks on their faces. why the hell were their young new teammates taking naps on the nasty ass floor?

"did you just have a fairy tail moment?" cj continued to tease, "love at first sight?"

the boy flipped over onto his stomach and sucked his abs in, mimicking the motion of crying.

"in all seriousness, this is good for you! you've been so lonely i honestly thought you were gay after serena!" cj threw his head back laughing, referring to his ex-girlfriend that wasn't really even his ex-girlfriend.

"cut it outttt," macK groaned.

"dude, go talk to her!" he pushed, moving his neck so he could see his eyes.

"cj that was so embarrassing," the boy frowned, his face pinkening.

"okay, so? what if she can fix your dog?"

his dog. macK hadn't thought about his dog since cj embarrassed him. he just remembered how badly his dog needed help, and how motivated he was to get some a few seconds ago.

"i don't enjoy the term fix," macK spat.

he then stood back up. cj stood as well.

"that's right bud, go get your dog some help!" he encouraged, shoving him back toward the pet rescue.

macK re-found the girl from earlier. she was playing tug-of-war with one of the puppies.

"hi," he greeted awkwardly.

she looked up at him, her sapphire eyes piercing his heart for the hundredth time today.

"hello," belle smiled back, patting the doggy on the head before standing up.

macK came off as stiff to the girl. she didn't think she was that intimidating, but maybe to him she was.

"i need help," he declared.

"okay?"

"my dog needs a vaccine."

"oh, yeah. of course. is that the dog you were just looking for a few minutes ago?" she teased, but macK was unable to catch the joke so he played along.

"yes. that one."

"okay, well here's my card," she offered, taking a small business card out of her back pocket.

"thanks," he replied firmly, taking it out of her hands. he then walked away.

belle furrowed her eyebrows. that was the awkwardest exchange of her life.

"dude, i think she liked you." cj sarcastically cracked. that was easily the most uncomfortable thing he'd ever witnessed.

"really? you think so?" his eyes widened.

"totally," he jested, dragging the joke on. things flew over macK's head from time to time, and this was one of those things.

 things flew over macK's head from time to time, and this was one of those things

cj top tier instigator
i have natitude 😌🤘🥊