─ 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"Afternoon, lover boy. I can't stay and chat for too long. I gotta take these fireworks to my cousin's house for the big annual Fourth of July bash he's throwing this week—shit, I always forget how heavy these are."

Magdalena mentioned with this clear strain in her voice as she carried yet another incredibly heavy, sealed cardboard box, dropping it off on top of another two that were already safe and sound inside her car. The girl straightened out her back, shaking out her sore arms and exhaling an unrefined breath. All this to prepare herself for the final box that was waiting for her inside the house. Sadly, the brunette was forced to worry about the boxes alone since her dad was MIA—a.k.a sleeping after a long night of drinking and finishing his latest sculpture.

The brunette's chest was rising and falling rapidly as if she had just run a marathon while this light sheen of sweat resonated on her partly exposed chest, but there was still enough strength within her to send a sweet smile in Billy's direction, unbothered by the fact that her boyfriend's blue eyes were scanning her from head to toe. Magdalena skittishly rolled her eyes at how much of a man he was. A little skin and they all went wild.

Incredible.

And as if Billy heard Magdalena's thoughts, the guy snapped out of his female body-induced trance. Thankfully he was gracious enough to ask if the brown-haired girl needed any help with carrying the last box to her car. It was very gallant of Billy to ask, but even then, Magdalena couldn't take it seriously.

"Did Billy Hargrove just insinuate that me, a little lady, isn't in good enough shape to carry a couple of boxes to my car? Me and my arms are more than capable of getting this done, babe. I got this."

Magdalena jokingly assured as she went to get the last box, but not before softly patting Billy's shoulder. He could only smirk at the coy action. He caught Magdalena ogling at his lips, but she didn't kiss him. Billy knew for sure what he wanted and that was to feel Magdalena's nude body beneath the tips of his fingers—to make the brunette feel good in every single way possible. To make her remember that Billy Hargrove was the greatest lover out there.

"That bastard clearly ain't that much of a gentleman to just let you handle all these damn boxes alone. What kind of a man would abandon a girl—his own cousin—when she needs help?"

Billy searched for an answer with his emphasized words that clearly ridiculed Magdalena's incompetent cousin. Billy could clearly catch the unladylike snort of laughter Magdalena let out while bringing out the last box and haphazardly throwing it into her car unlike how she dealt with the others. This particular box was relatively smaller than the rest, but it still had valuable cargo inside that Magdalena clearly didn't care for. Or maybe she was just sick of spending too much time with the boxes. The latter seemed more possible than anything.

The brunette closed the car door and went to stand next to Billy who by this point was coolly leaning against the hood of the white Pontiac. Magdalena had to come to terms with Billy seeming especially handsome this time around. The partially unkempt bed hair was most certainly doing the guy justice. As was the tight shirt on his upper body. Magdalena could almost see the outline of his sculpted body. She wanted to shout it from the rooftops that she was blessed enough to have the hottest boyfriend in all of Hawkins.

"Oh, don't make me laugh. My cousin is the farthest thing from a gentleman. Each year he always insists on buying the booze and letting me deal with the dirty business. The idiot even stashes the boxes away in my house a couple of months earlier 'cause he thinks the cops are too stupid to suspect a family member of his hiding illegal fireworks. But y'know what? I do get paid a hundo after this so I'm all fine with it. What I'm not fine with is how he's not gonna let me light any of them on the Fourth. It's gonna be like Independence Day without independence. Total bullshit if you ask me. I also took a day off for this. My coworker is gonna be so pissed when she finds out she has to fill in for me today."