Book 1. Chapter 7

Harriet could finally focus on her favourite activities, alone in her room. She wanted to spend that night, relaxing her mind. Flora had been stressing her out about Tanya. She was very close to reach the boiling point. She couldn't understand why Flora was so obsessed with it. And it all crushed when she said the name. For the last 10 years, no one had revealed her identity. The name of that girl.

She felt she betrayed her. Harriet couldn't imagine Tanya's reaction to the news. What if she heard it. It was possible, but she hadn't heard of her whereabouts for the last weeks. She only knew Tanya joined Mossad and moved to live with her boyfriend in Israel.

Harriet wanted to clear her mind and read. She hoped nothing would happen. 

Suddenly, she heard knocks on the door. She was confused as she asked everyone not to call her. She opened the door and saw nobody wandering in the hall. She looked around once again and didn't find anyone.

She came back to what she had been doing. She got notifications from her husband.

How is travelling in the present time?

Pretty well. Got used to it. I'm in Libya.

Did your new friends get lost in the desserts?

Funny! We're catching a criminal hiding there. How is Jake? Is he going forward?

Harriet heard the knocks again.

"What do they want from me?" she groaned.

Like the previous time, there was nobody in the hall. She locked the door angrily and fell on the bed.

When she intended to go back to reading, she noticed a piece of paper on the nightstand.

She didn't remember leaving anything except for books there. The window was closed and she had no roommates. She opened it and drew an ironic smile.

I'm in Libya! We're looking for Hassan! I followed your "friends" and found out he's in another town. Can you try to ask them to join?

-xoxo Tanya

P.S. He plans something, so watch out! Call me when you get the news!

"I should have known!" Tanya realized.

Her childhood friend and the walking trouble of the squad. Tatyana Nandipha Karam. Stubborn, speaks her mind, ready to fight. And at the same time, the one who saved her from her crazy ex when the police refused to.

She was relieved Tanya was doing well, but terrified that she's in Libya. And what's more, she's with Viktor, looking for the same suspect. Well, thanks to them, the team learned enough about him.

***

"Ammon Hassan is a pretty sketchy man."

"And dangerous!" Flora added.

"I can make a whole research about his wrongdoings, but I will tell you the summary. So, first things first, he was the one who set the bomb in Spain and contacted with the Prime-Minister."

"Well, we have a reason to arredt him." Alex concluded.

"Obviously!" Jason replied. "Secondly, just like Viktor said, he is responsible for weapon trades and recruitments. He usually goes to socially vulnerable families and take boys, promising that they'll be taken care of and sent to schools. He actually turns them to soldiers. And lastly, there is a very interesting case."

"Explain anything! We listen!"

"Fine! He organised an attack in a war torn territory. He joined as a volunteer and he reported that there are survivors of a recent attack. But he was "afraid" to go there, so he asked a group of soldiers to inspect the place and confirm if there is no threat. One of them is a former Bureau weapon expert, Jonah Karam. Well, it turned to be a trap. The place was filled with bombs and when the soldiers came, all of them exploded. It was reported that no one survived."