Chapter 1: Our Love will Last Through all Life Times

Start from the beginning

The Goddess of Flowers eyes sparkled from the scene that played in front of her... The city herself and The Scarlet King worked so hard to build... They loved it.

Deshret looked over to her, "she's so cute… Too cute even…"  a slight blushed accidentally appeared on his face.

Nabu looked over to him and noticed his blushing face and giggled. “He's blushing!” She giggled again to herself.

“Deshret… What do you think? Do you like Ay-Khanoum?” She asked, Wonder in her tone of voice… She really wanted to know.

“Nabu… It's beautiful, really.”

Her face brightened when she heard him say that. She was so glad…

“I'm glad you think so…”

She smiled at him warmly, He truly made her happy.

He turned his head away, and put his hand on his face. “She's adorable… I’m glad she's happy.”

After composing himself he turned back to smile at her gently.

Their eyes met… They didn’t even need to speak. Their eyes said it all, his golden and her magenta.

“Nabu… May I ask, why did you name this city Ay-Khanoum?”

Curiousness in his eyes wandered around the city. What exactly did it mean?

“The reason I named it Ay-Khanoum is because in Jinn, It means Moon Maiden. Lets just say my kin have a deep connection with the 3 moons of Teyvat.”

A little look of sadness over-took her eyes, as if it was of quite some importance to her and that she did not wish to talk further.

He noticed this look and placed his hand on her shoulder in support and gave her a small smile.

“Then it is the perfect name for a place like this…”

--------------------------------------------------------

“Deshret! Are you insane! This is going against the heavenly principles! You already turned away their offering and now this! You know what they are capable of! You saw what happened to Apep!”

The pain and sorrow in her voice was clear. She did not want anything to happen.

“Nabu I understand your worries. But this is what I wish to do.”

His tone was harsh, brash even, But his motivations should never be underestimated.

“Deshret… This is ꋰ̶̮̫̣̦̌̃̓͘̕͜ꈼ̸̧̭̬̦̄̎̊͊̄͜ꋊ̵̺͓̭̙̫̃̌̌̇̃ ̷̨͓̜͖̓̈́̽̈́̓͜ꀗ̴̨̲̖̯̼̏́͋̃̕ꋊ̸̲̘̘͖̠̑̉̌̑͂ꂦ̶̡̜͍̥̠̎̉̑͊͝ we’re talking about! Think of the repercussions it will cause!” Her voice was breaking. She wanted to convince him…

“I'm sorry Nabu… But this is my Ideal.”

He looked at her with hope in his golden eyes. Praying, praying she would stick with him…

“Deshret… Fine… But don’t do anything that will anger the heavenly principles.”

--------------------------------------------------------

“Why is there a bird outside my window?”

Rukkhadevata was confused but let it in. It dropped a letter in her palms… with a Padisarah on it. And so without thinking she opened it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dear friend Rukkhadevata. I'm sorry for what Deshret and I are doing to fulfill his ideals. But this is what he wishes for. I know you dislike it but as a friend I want to ask you something. I ask of you to take my daughter, a shard of Kharena. I feel there is a darkness arising. I ask of you to let her free into the Amrita pool once it comes, to purify our mistakes…