Chapter 2

After I finished, Copia and the Ghouls clapped. "Very impressive", Copia said to me, as I started to put my guitar back into its bag. I smiled at him and shook his hand before shouldering my bag. "The Ghouls and I will have a word about your performance now and discuss if you passed the audition", he explained to me and led me to the door in front of which I should wait. After I stepped into the dark, candle lit hallway, the door closed behind me, and I was all alone. I sat down on the floor and opened my phone to scroll through Instagram and keep myself distracted from everything around here. I wasn't so comfortable with darkness and the thought of four abnormal creatures in the room behind me just creeped me out. All I could remember were their sharp teeth and claws. And if they would suddenly decide to have me for dinner instead of a new band member, I don't think there would be much of a chance for me to get away. I tried to focus on my breathing and the cute cat pictures on my phone, to not get a panic attack. I don't know how long I've sat there, but finally the door opened, and I could come back inside. "Oh don't be nervous, we aren't gonna eat you", Copia smirked and patted my shoulder, as if he could read my thoughts. Did I look that scared? "Anyway, we have decided whether you're gonna join the band or not...", he paused for a little tension, "but you don't have to worry. We were all very impressed by what you showed us". The short, white horned Ghoul, I think his name was Sodo, grumbled under his breath, but Copia only gave him a light jab. "So, we welcome you to the band and to the clergy", Copia smiled kindly and gave me a light bow. The Ghouls clapped, except for Sodo. "As you might know, you will be the new rhythm guitarist of the band. Your guitar awaits you in your room, so you can get to know her a bit". Another guitar, just for this band? How odd... "Meet me in my office in two hours and then I'll explain everything more detailed to you. Cirrus will show you your room." Cirrus, the keyboard Ghoulette smiled, took my hand, and dragged me out of the room. We walked back through the hallway into the large entry hall. I followed her through another hallway on the second floor, which was much brighter than the other one, to a dark wooden door with a funny looking sign engraved on it. "That's your room, Phantom", she said in a friendly voice and opened the door for me. As I stepped inside, I was very surprised to find myself in an extremely comfortable looking room. The walls were painted in a dark brown and with wooden planks at the bottom. On one side, there was a large bed with black pillows and blankets. The furniture was either dark brown wood or black with golden ornaments on them. There were a lot of plants standing around in here as well and a few books stood around. There was also a small jar with cookies in it and a Note that said: For hungry little Ghouls. 'How cute', I thought and smirked. But then I remembered... "I haven't gotten any of my things with me" "Oh don't worry, we've got it all here for you", she said and pointed to two large suitcases in the corner of my room. "But how did you- ". There was even the cat box with my beloved cat in it. "Lucio!", I chuckled and walked over to him, to release him from the box. Thankful for his regained freedom he snuggled his head against my cheek. "I missed you too, you little demon", I chuckled. "I'll leave it to you then", Cirrus said and closed the door behind herself as she walked out of my room.

Then a few seconds after she left, therealization kicked in. WTF JUST HAPPENED?! Did I just join a satanic band froma satanic church by accident?! When I saw their website a few days ago, Ithought it would be normal people behind those masks and that I was going to anordinary audition. But now I'm sitting in a room, in a building that's calledthe clergy and minutes ago I've met these Ghoul creatures and a satanic pope.I'm not a Ghoul, how could I ever be a member of this band?! And somehow, allof the sudden my cat and all my stuff are here too, even though I didn'tbrought them with me. I'm sure that after today, nothing will ever surprise meagain. At least that's what I thought...